3. Tyson Gay (unattached)¶ nr
    4. LaShawn Merritt (Nike)¶ nr
    5. Wallace Spearmon (unattached)¶ 4
    6. Walter Dix (unattached)¶ nr
    7. Isiah Young (Nike)¶ 2
    8. Jarrion Lawson (Arkansas)¶ nr
    9. Kendal Williams (unattached)¶ nr
    10. Michael Norman (Calif HS)¶ nr
    Last edited by dj; 07-10-2016, 12:51 AM.

Dont be surprised if the HS kids Norman and/or Lyles run a sub 20...

Comment

Originally posted by _Jay View Post
      I agree

Comment

Originally posted by _Jay View Post
        In the rounds ? They both will need to do it at least twice to have a shot.
        "Sprintin' ain't easy,baby !

Comment

Originally posted by fourjz View Post
          Nah. They may not have to break 20 to get in the top-3. Last year 3rd was 20.10.

Comment

Originally posted by fourjz View Post
            I don't think they have to run sub 20 to make the Final. That has never happened before in History, where the finals field was all under 20. Usually just 3 guys max.
            But if they want to make top 3 then definitely have to PR for the Final.

Comment

In the Eugene paper this morning, Merritt is quoted saying he now wants to make the team in this event too . . . for those of us who doubted his intentions. I had assumed this was his back-up plan in case something went wrong in the 400. I think he's a shoo-in here, if wants it.

Comment

Yea, in the USATF cool down interview Merritt discussed having the WL in both events, going for the double and possibly getting 3 golds in Rio.
                I cant see someone not named Gatlin beating him later this week.

Comment

Merritt can make the 200 team, but he obviously needs to be careful and be certain that his body is up for it, not carrying too much fatigue or lactic acid post 400 rounds.

If he can go 19.70s/80s in Rio, he's a contender for medals.

Comment

If Merritt competes in the 200 it suddenly gets interesting. Gatlin and Webb seem like shoe ins, but I'm giving Gay good odds of making the team as well. With Merritt in there it gets a lot more difficult.

Comment

I'd love to see the young man Norman in Rio but Gatlin, Webb, and Merritt make a formidable trio.

Comment

I'll be rooting for Merritt if he actually decides to run it. He ran that 19.7 really early in the season. Wonder what he could do in the event if he actually focused on it.

Comment

Originally posted by J2thaD View Post
                          I'll be rooting for Merritt if he actually decides to run it. He ran that 19.7 really early in the season. Wonder what he could do in the event if he actually focused on it.
                          Personally I don't think he runs it

Comment

Originally posted by tm71 View Post
                            Personally I don't think he runs it
                            he's running it but 400m will be his priority. He can double in Rio anyway since his prime event will start first.

Comment

Originally posted by 110hedgeNYC View Post
                              If Merritt competes in the 200 it suddenly gets interesting. Gatlin and Webb seem like shoe ins, but I'm giving Gay good odds of making the team as well. With Merritt in there it gets a lot more difficult.
                              I'm not to sure about Gay. In the mix zone when asked if he will now be going for the 200, he said "unfortunately yea". As if he planned to only make the 100m team. I highly doubt he is prepared, and really has done nothing of significance over 200m in a long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X