Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

???

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ???

    ???
    Last edited by DJG; 11-13-2020, 02:57 PM.

  • #2
    No worry she will qualify in both.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DJG View Post
      If Allyson Felix's injury keeps her from the Olympics in the 200,
      Will USATF reconsider it's qualifying process and follow the sensible, rational and
      Reasonable procedure the Jamaicans are using with Monsieur Bolt?
      A softball question...No...next!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cubehead View Post
        A softball question...No...next!
        Plus, Max Siegel alluded to that much when Ato Boldon asked him a similar question on the NBC broadcast earlier today.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DJG View Post
          If Allyson Felix's injury keeps her from the Olympics in the 200,
          Will USATF reconsider it's qualifying process and follow the sensible, rational and
          Reasonable procedure the Jamaicans are using with Monsieur Bolt?
          I respectfully reject the absurd premise of your question.

          Comment


          • #6
            Our selection system is the only system befitting the world's oldest democracy. A system comprised of potentates cutting deals in smoke-filled rooms is appropriate for dictatorships.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DJG View Post
              If Allyson Felix's injury keeps her from the Olympics in the 200,
              Will USATF reconsider it's qualifying process and follow the sensible, rational and
              Reasonable procedure the Jamaicans are using with Monsieur Bolt?
              If the USATF rules allow them to do that, then why not? But I am guessing the USATF rules don't allow that and anyway if they tried then its Xmas time for the lawyers.

              But there you go again implying that another sovereign nation is not allowed to have its own rules of selection but must check with the great over bearing shadow of Uncle Sam. We are the world's policeman which is why we invade - and now we are going to invade the running track of Jamaica and tell them what to do and how to select their team.

              Why don't all you anti-Bolt selection posters start criticizing the selection process for Great Britain or Poland or Germany or who ever.

              I think the underlying reason for the out pouring of anti-Bolt sentiment over the past 24 hours may be that a number of USA posters think they see a chance of increasing the possibility of the US steroid twins getting onto the top of the podium - which won't happen if Bolt is there.

              Comment


              • #8
                Get ready for alot of this...

                http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/carm...ation-hearing/
                There are no strings on me

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                  Our selection system is the only system befitting the world's oldest democracy. A system comprised of potentates cutting deals in smoke-filled rooms is appropriate for dictatorships.
                  Greetings. So which country are you actually from?

                  Is it Iceland, perhaps? whose Parliament dates back to 930 - just a year or two before the birth of what we know today as the USA.

                  Or it is the Isle of Man? - with a continuous Parliament going back to 979.

                  Does your democracy definition include when women got the vote? I think one or two countries beat the USA to that as well.

                  What about blacks? They were supposedly given the vote on the 1870s but we lal know the actual reality was somewhat different.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                    We are the world's policeman which is why we invade - and now we are going to invade the running track of Jamaica and tell them what to do and how to select their team.
                    What do you mean by "we"? I knew trackcamp was an American, but do you mean to tell me that you're an American too?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      And gh was worried about the Euro football thread?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                        Greetings. So which country are you actually from?

                        Is it Iceland, perhaps? whose Parliament dates back to 930 - just a year or two before the birth of what we know today as the USA.

                        Or it is the Isle of Man? - with a continuous Parliament going back to 979.

                        Does your democracy definition include when women got the vote? I think one or two countries beat the USA to that as well.

                        What about blacks? They were supposedly given the vote on the 1870s but we lal know the actual reality was somewhat different.
                        You make some valid points about the enfranchisement of Black folks and women. Hell, before 1924, even Americans weren't allowed to vote in this country, only European-Americans had that right.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I was in the US Army once upon a time - I had a green card. Eventually gave it back because of the annual IRS requirements. The forms they had for green card holders meant you needed to spend about a month sitting down with the likes of 26mi365 to fill the bloody things in. So I eventually got tired of dong test and handed in the green card.

                          My use of "we" probably should have been enclosed as a quotation as it was meant to be a reference to all those who are upset with the pass card being given to Bolt, and a seeming insistence that the USA selection rules should be applied in Jamaica.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                            You make some valid points about the enfranchisement of Black folks and women. Hell, before 1924, even Americans weren't allowed to vote in this country, only European-Americans had that right.
                            My definition of democracy has always been the tyranny of the majority because that is often what happens - as in NZ.

                            However, I better stop here because as cubehead is insinuating we should probably stick to Felix. And on that note I am remaining confident she will be in both the 200 and 400 at Rio - unless she further injures herself.

                            A Rio 200 with Schippers, Thompson and Felix at the top of their game might see the 21.34 confined to history. How great would that be?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                              I was in the US Army once upon a time - I had a green card. Eventually gave it back because of the annual IRS requirements. The forms they had for green card holders meant you needed to spend about a month sitting down with the likes of 26mi365 to fill the bloody things in. So I eventually got tired of dong test and handed in the green card.
                              Does this mean you used to be an American?

                              Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                              My use of "we" probably should have been enclosed as a quotation as it was meant to be a reference to all those who are upset with the pass card being given to Bolt, and a seeming insistence that the USA selection rules should be applied in Jamaica.
                              I don't know anyone here who feels that way, rather they're tired of jammin talking out of both sides of his mouth.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X