Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .??

.??
    Last edited by DJG; 11-10-2020, 09:45 AM.

Originally posted by DJG View Post
    Does this mean the relays will not run anywhere before they compete in Rio?
    The USA is listed in the startlist for the 4x1 events at the London DL this weekend. I was sure hoping it's our Oly squad.

Comment

don't know for sure but don't think Gatlin or Bromell are in Europe, that 4x1 squad will likely be made up of :Rogers, Bracy, McClean and Young as they are listed in the 100 entries.

Comment

Gatlin won't be invited to any meeting in UK for sure.
        i deserve extra credit

Comment

[QUOTE=DJG;2578002]PRE-OLYMPIC TRAINING CAMP – Location withheld for Security Purposes

?? Don't want anyone watching them drop batons.?

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy View Post
            Gatlin won't be invited to any meeting in UK for sure.
            But with relays, you invite the team and might get whomever the country sends. Now that might mean that they do not invite the country but there is probably less control than with individual events.

Comment

Originally posted by DJG
              Stars &Stripes becomes All-Star relay in lackluster performance for US in London Diamond League meet.

The US women's 4x1 was MIA.
              The men had to recruit outside to fill a foursome?

Wasted opportunities for much-needed relay work.
              But a secret camp is the way USATF has chosen to go.
              Brilliant.

Comment

Seriously, why fly to London just to run a relay? It's not like they'd be pressured like they will be in Rio. I'd just be happy if they would take it seriously and practice.

Comment

I noticed on the USATF website that training camp will be held in Prarie View, Texas. Does this mean no competition to test the line-ups? Also I did not see Dennis Mitchell listed under the Olympic Staff. Is he still on for relay coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Lp171781 View Post
                    I noticed on the USATF website that training camp will be held in Prarie View, Texas. Does this mean no competition to test the line-ups? Also I did not see Dennis Mitchell listed under the Olympic Staff. Is he still on for relay coach?
                    No competition? The US can put together five sub 38 men's teams and at least three sub 42 women's teams. They just need to work work work.

Comment

And if they want to push the A team a bit more, they could start off the other teams with a lead of a meter or two.

Comment

Originally posted by DJG
                        Prairie View....Houston....Lewis....Burrell!
                        ?????
                        Thats exactly what I was wondering!! I remeber during the Olympic trials they were questioning Connie P about the relays in between the 200m heats and the stated that she was overseeing them but I wonder who is coaching them.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bruce Kritzler;2578122]
                          Originally posted by DJG View Post
                          PRE-OLYMPIC TRAINING CAMP – Location withheld for Security Purposes

?? Don't want anyone watching them drop batons.?
                          Ha Ha Ha !!!
                          "Sprintin' ain't easy,baby !

Comment

I advise the relay pool members to check the Rio time schedule themselves.
                            Tom Hyland:
                            "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

Curtis Frye and LaTanya Sheffield are the sprint coaches and will work with Dennis Mitchell, who is still the national relay coach (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-at...-idUSKCN0X200D)

The staff roster is at http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calend...pic-Staff.aspx

Comment

Working...
                              X