Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandi Morris 4.93 outdoor AR

At the ATL meet in Houston. Cleared it with second attempt and tried the outdoor WR

Woooooo Pig Sooie! Sorry Im an AR guy I had to go there

Comment

4.93 is also WL

Comment

Wow, the USA is going to be really strong in the ladies PV in Rio. Very impressive clearance at just the right time. BTW, for us yanks, that is 16' 2".

Comment

Originally posted by is 74 really old? View Post
          Wow, the USA is going to be really strong in the ladies PV in Rio. Very impressive clearance at just the right time. BTW, for us yanks, that is 16' 2".
          Amazingly ESPN showed it as 4.93 and trey hardee was commenting on the attempts

Comment

Wondered if it was legit (temporary runway, short pegs??) because they didn't even interview her ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
              Wondered if it was legit (temporary runway, short pegs??) because they didn't even interview her ?
              I watched the ESPN show.
              The PV was completed before the show started, so they just showed quick highlights---about 2 minutes worth or less.
              If it had been live, I'm sure they would have interviewed her.
              It's all over Twitter---with everyone who counts seemingly accepting it as legit.

One thing---Hope she was drug-tested!!
              Don't want any USATF ratification problems, a la Emma Coburn!!

Comment

Almost certainly on short pegs and appropriate crossbar because it was at Rice, a DI college facility. It looked like they had a runway constructed for the vault, which would have given a 'bouncy' run and that might be an issue (PVP?).

Comment

USA Track & Field officials, however, said Morris, the world indoor silver medalist, would receive credit only for the best outdoor pole vault ever by an American since records in the event can be established both indoors or out.

Suhr holds the American record of 5.02 meters set indoors in 2013 with a pending record of 5.03 meters from earlier this year indoors, the officials said.
                  Link to source:
                  Last edited by Davidokun; 07-24-2016, 03:16 PM. Reason: Formatting

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post
                    You only have to read my blog to know that INdoors and OUTdoors are two COMPLETELY SEPARATE seasons----with COMPLETELY SEPARATE sets of Records and Lists!!
                    No connection whatsoever!
                    And surely no such thing as "absolute" lists or records, or "comprehensive" records or lists!!
                    I didn't need USATF to tell me what I already knew!!

Comment

Pegs and bar should be fine. I would like to think someone arranged a drug test for her. But the runway looks dodgy. Did they get it surveyed properly? Given the issues with facilities at the last ATL meet, I'm a little skeptical. But I hope that they did, that everything was up to snuff and the record counts.

Or Sandi could just jump higher at the Olympics and make this a moot point!

I thought the indoor marks counting for overall record was only for World Records? I didn't realize we were doing that nonsense at the USATF level as well?

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                        I thought the indoor marks counting for overall record was only for World Records? I didn't realize we were doing that nonsense at the USATF level as well?
                        USATF now follows IAAF rule on this. See the note at the bottom of USATF Rule 261.1

Comment

My years of lobbying USATF to come into line with the IAAF (and T&FN) on the in/out thing finally paid off. (even though I've faulted USATF on other things where I feel they shouldn't have just marched in lockstep)

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                            Let me remind you that what you call nonsense has been Track and Field News's policy for several years. If you look at the records section of the site, you'll see that there are "absolute" records and "indoor" records. No separate outdoor records.

Comment

This is a rest stop on the way to bigger and better things.

Comment

Working...
                              X