X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News: Usain Bolt to miss [Opening Ceremony]

opening ceremony

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...ening-ceremony
    Last edited by gh; 08-06-2016, 06:24 PM.

This is total BS. This is the first time in my life that I have ever been disappointed with Bolt

Comment

who the hell cares? opening ceremonies not about stars...it is about participants...I say good...now NBC won't spend endless minutes talking about him.

Comment

You should revise that header. Very mis-leading. Bolt isn't going to miss the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by 1runner1 View Post
          who the hell cares? opening ceremonies not about stars...it is about participants...I say good...now NBC won't spend endless minutes talking about him.
          I care and every other Bolt fan cares. I guess he feels he is way big for this. I am sure NBC will be talking about him alot when the Jamaican team comes up.

I am sure the NBC executives/commentators will be very disappointed as well. He is their star of the games.
          Last edited by trackcamp; 08-06-2016, 01:26 AM.

Comment

I have no problem with this. I find the opening ceremonies to be boring and they take way to long. I'm not surprised a 29 yr old doesn't want to spend 8 hrs on his feet within 2 weeks of the his big race. I'm surprised more athletes don't follow suit.

Comment

Slight difference between not appearing at opening ceremonies and "miss Olympics".
              Just a bit.

Comment

My sentence reads "Bolt to miss Olympics opening ceremony".

Comment

Originally posted by trackcamp View Post
                  My sentence reads "Bolt to miss Olympics opening ceremony".
                  No it doesn't. Your thread title says he will miss the Olympics. People see that on the main forum page (and want to read the thread) . Nowhere do you have a sentence that includes the words "opening ceremony". Those two words appear - apart from the thread title - as two words. They aren't a sentence. Capiche?

Comment

Trackcamp you have a big future in working for an Internet-based company that helps websites obtain hits by writing misleading headlines. Some might say that you are a complete jerk-off, but not me. I would defend your right to make as big a putz out of yourself as you may want. That is everybody's right. And you have certainly made the most of this opportunity. You go get 'em pal! I'll back you all the way.

Comment

I am sure the NBC executives/commentators will be very disappointed as well. He is their star of the games.
                      No, he isn't. Michael Phelps, Men's basketball and Simone Biles are bigger to NBC. He's on a par with Felix, Eaton, Missy Franklin, Katie Ledecky, Walsh-Jennings et al. NBC is still an American company and Americans will always be the biggest focus for Middle America.

Comment

Bolt is a bigger star worldwide than Phelps who is only popular in the US.

Comment

Bolt is a bigger star worldwide than Phelps who is only popular in the US.
                          And both pale in comparison to Kevin Durant, Rafael Nadal, golfers, and others. NBC knows their audience, and it ain't us.

Comment

Originally posted by bobguild76 View Post
                            And both pale in comparison to Kevin Durant, Rafael Nadal, golfers, and others. NBC knows their audience, and it ain't us.
                            I am guessing that NBC is only concerned with the US audience and Bolt is barely known to the general public.

Comment

This thread should be re-title or deleted. It is started by someone who wants attention for himself and does it by tricking and annoying other posters deliberately and repeatedly.

gh, please for this change and, if necessary, tell the offending poster that such bad behavior is not tolerated.

Comment

Working...
                              X