Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bolt to Gatlin: "Feel my wrath"

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bolt to Gatlin: "Feel my wrath"

    http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/05/sp...olt/index.html


    Bolt told reporters Thursday that Gatlin would "feel his full wrath" when both athletes take to the track at Rio's Olympic Stadium, but Gatlin is keeping focused.
    "I'm just coming here and just do what I need to do, which is run, enjoy myself and make my way through the finals and get on top of that podium," the 34-year-old told CNN Friday ahead of his third Games, where he will run the 100/200 meters and 4x100m relay.

  • #2
    Don't care. Too much other shit to watch. I'll start caring about track on Friday.

    Comment


    • #3
      Some trash talk is good for the sport. Now if only Bolt could have shown up a bit more often....

      Comment


      • #4
        You barely beat the dude in the 100 last year Mr. Bolt...
        I don't believe Gatlin fears you man.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by trackcamp View Post
          Bolt told reporters Thursday that Gatlin would "feel his full wrath"
          So now Bolt is a comic book super-villian? Pathetic.

          Comment


          • #6
            Much ado about nothing.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm shocked! Totally shocked that sprinters would be talking a little trash!!!

              Next someone will try and tell me that NFL WRs and CBs talk trash during games.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by beebee View Post
                You barely beat the dude in the 100 last year Mr. Bolt...
                I don't believe Gatlin fears you man.
                Gatlin feared him at the last 20 metres of that race and Rodgers did on that last leg of the 4x1.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Francois Lite View Post
                  Gatlin feared him at the last 20 metres of that race and Rodgers did on that last leg of the 4x1.
                  With good reason. Unless your little legs are going a whole lot faster than his, he's going to eat you up with stride length.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by beebee View Post
                    You barely beat the dude in the 100 last year Mr. Bolt...
                    I don't believe Gatlin fears you man.
                    That race should not have been close based on how Gatlin was running all season and how Bolt was struggling. Gatlin's fear of Bolt surfaced when he felt Bolt's presence. Has Gatlin overcome his fear of Bolt? We will see.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      So Bolt is channeling his inner Ronda Rousey, wait last time she behaved like that she got her azz stomped. This seems very unsportsman like for track athletes ? But it's kinda entertaining, amusing.
                      Perhaps Bolt is practicing for a career in WWE or MMA after his Track days ?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        He just comes across as an ass. Good job Bolt. Now you give fans a reason to root against you.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by odelltrclan View Post
                          He just comes across as an ass. Good job Bolt. Now you give fans a reason to root against you.
                          I don't see it that way. Such comments bring attention to the sport and, face it, Gatlin choked a bit in Beijing, just like Asafa always chokes in the big races. This guy is the greatest sprinter ever. Period. I will be rooting for him in the Olympics as he ends an illustrious Olympic career. It's the least I can do after Bolt's gifts to me (and many others) in Berlin.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
                            I don't see it that way. Such comments bring attention to the sport and, face it, Gatlin choked a bit in Beijing, just like Asafa always chokes in the big races. This guy is the greatest sprinter ever. Period. I will be rooting for him in the Olympics as he ends an illustrious Olympic career. It's the least I can do after Bolt's gifts to me (and many others) in Berlin.
                            The comparison of Gatlin and Powell choking makes no sense.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ATK View Post
                              The comparison of Gatlin and Powell choking makes no sense.
                              The 100 WC final was indeed a choke by Gatlin, but it was an anomaly. Gatlin knows what he has to do to win this year, and it depends on how strong Bolt's hammy is, as to whether JG can pull off the victory. No matter how it turns out, it should be epic! I see Bromell pushing them both.

                              In my dream race

                              At 60m
                              Bromell is ahead, Gatlin second by half a meter, Bolt another half a meter back.

                              At 80m
                              Gatlin pulls ahead by half a meter, Bolt is even with Bromell now.

                              At 100m
                              Bolt has pulled even with Gatlin.

                              The winner by .001 . . . stay tuned . . .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X