X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶2016 OG m1500: Matthew Centrowitz 3:50.00

T&FN formchart:

1. Asbel Kiprop (Kenya) 3:26.69 (’15)
    2. Elijah Manangoi (Kenya) 3:29.67 (’15)
    3. Abdelaati Iguider (Morocco) 3:28.79 (’15)
    4. Taoufik Makhloufi (Algeria) 3:28.75 (’15)
    5. Matthew Centrowitz (USA) 3:30.40 (’15)
    6. Ronald Kwemoi (Kenya) 3:28.81 (’14)
    7. Nick Willis (New Zealand) 3:29.66 (’15)
    8. Ryan Gregson (Australia) 3:31.06 (’10)
    9. Ayanleh Souleiman (Djibouti) 3:29.58 (’14)
    10. Jakub Holusa (Czech Republic) 3:33.36 (’16)
    Last edited by dj; 08-21-2016, 02:34 AM.

We've seen it before, Centro could time his kick just right and be right there at the end.
    I've got Kwemoi to medal, but he could also be out of his depth here in the run-in.

Comment

Not sure how much the 800m has taken its toll on his legs, but Mak is in superb shape right now. If the pace is slow, I think his kick can rival Kiprop's.

Comment

Blatent foul by Filip Ingebrigtsen in heat 2. Deserves a DQ.

Comment

Indeed, Ingebritsen has been DQed and Grice, recipient of the Norwegian's elbow, advanced.

Comment

Good call - it was blatant, but I wasn't sure they would issue the DQ. Glad to see it.

Comment

Yes was pretty blatant...though hard to know if Grice would have qualified since he was running out of gas but he was in the top 6 when fouled..but Norwegian had no business just bullying through where there was no room.
              Last edited by cubehead; 08-16-2016, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                Blatent foul by Filip Ingebrigtsen in heat 2. Deserves a DQ.
                There is a touch of arrogance with the Ingebrigtsen boys. I think Filip's problem is that he has not raced very much at this level. In the Euro champs he stayed in lane 1 and boxed in for most of the race but like magic space opened and he had room to go through for the win. This time, he admitted, there was no room, he thought he could just run right through them in the home stretch!

Comment

Good DQ call. I was surprised that Hutchins, who'd pointed out that Grice shares his home town, didn't mention the possibility of an appeal.

Comment

right decision, I think:

Steve Ovett should also have been DQ in the 800m final of the olympics 1980 in Moscow for a likewise blatant use of elbows and pushing his way through the other runners:

about 1 minut 30 seconds & 1 minut 57 seconds in this clips:

Last edited by paw; 08-17-2016, 07:30 AM. Reason: I missed a point in the clip

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Sigmon View Post
                      Indeed, Ingebritsen has been DQed and Grice, recipient of the Norwegian's elbow, advanced.
                      Glad this was done. Very glad.

Comment

Manangoi of KEN, #2 on form chart, out with hamstring. Makes for easier semi (and presumably final) for Centrowitz.

Comment

Blankenship is a tough mother.

Comment

Iguider on the time bubble is an eye opener.

Comment

Surprised to see so many openings guys are leaving. I guess they are so intent on not getting stuck on the rail people are going inside of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X