Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶2016 OG w100: Elaine Thompson 10.71

T&FN formchart:

1. Elaine Thompson (Jamaica) 10.70 (’16)
    2. Dafne Schippers (Holland) 10.81 (’15)
    3. Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce (Jamaica) 10.70 (’12)
    4. Tori Bowie (USA) 10.78 (’16)
    5. English Gardner (USA) 10.74 (’16)
    6. Murielle Ahouré (Ivory Coast) 10.78 (’16)
    7. Tianna Bartoletta (USA) 10.78 (’16)
    8. Blessing Okagbare (Nigeria) 10.79 (’13)
    9. Marie Josée Ta Lou (Côte d’Ivoire) 10.96 (’16)
    10. Michelle-Lee Ahye (Trinidad) 10.85 (’14)
    Last edited by dj; 08-14-2016, 02:40 AM.

I'm gullible, so I believe ET was injured at Jam Trials and can't beat the Ami's here.

Comment

If Bartoletta continues her career trend, she will medal or everyone will have to run 10.78 to beat her.

Comment

What career trend?

Comment

Originally posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
          What career trend?
          She has always either won a medal, got a SB or a PB (or a combination of them) at every championship she has competed at healthy her entire career, indoors or out.

Comment

Ah...that will be a tough one to continue imo...

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
              If Bartoletta continues her career trend, she will medal or everyone will have to run 10.78 to beat her.
              Bartoletta is a very good competitor, there is no denying that. IMO, she is in a group of five athletes who could finish between 3rd and 7th. I just wish she would have done more in her brief trip to Europe after the US Olympic Trials.

Comment

If anyone is able to explain what's going on in the following link I'd be grateful:

3 heats listed, says first 2 qualify, and next 2 fastest. Nobody from these heats is going anywhere. Why people who cannot break 14 seconds are running in Rio is beyond me.

Comment

This and the Men's 400m will be the race of the Olympics for me.

This one is impossible to predict. All I am confident of is the winner (in no order of likelihood) is that the winner will be either SAFP, Schippers, Thompson, Bowie or Gardner and the medalists will be out of those five plus Bartoletta.

Comment

Originally posted by trackCanuck View Post
                    If anyone is able to explain what's going on in the following link I'd be grateful:

3 heats listed, says first 2 qualify, and next 2 fastest. Nobody from these heats is going anywhere. Why people who cannot break 14 seconds are running in Rio is beyond me.
                    The IAAF allows unqualified athletes to compete in the Olympic Games under certain conditions:

Unqualified Athletes
                    • NOCs with no male or female qualified athlete or relay team will be allowed to enter their best male athlete and their best female athlete in one athletic event each, with the exception of the Combined Events, 10,000m and 3000m Steeplechase.
                    • This applies equally to unqualified female entries from an NOC with qualified males, and vice versa.
                    Such athletes are very often entered in the 100. So much so that a preliminary round is held consisting entirely of such athletes. This format was also used in London.

Comment

Thanks for explaining this. If I understand correctly, there will be 8 women from those 3 preliminary rounds moving forward to the next round of competition, called the heats.
                      Well at least some of them can run under 12 seconds.

Comment

Coach Franno said yesterday that all his athletes are in very good shape and he expects them to to run their best it close to their PR when track and field starts in Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post
                          The IAAF allows unqualified athletes to compete in the Olympic Games under certain conditions:

Such athletes are very often entered in the 100. So much so that a preliminary round is held consisting entirely of such athletes. This format was also used in London.
                          You don't want them in the TJ as it is very hard on the body when land and find your self still on the runway

Comment

Originally posted by trackCanuck View Post
                            Well at least some of them can run under 12 seconds.
                            At least one of them is a pretty decent sprinter. Phumlile Ndzinisa has run 11.35 this year.
                            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

NBC announcers don't realize the morning races are qualifying to tonight's quarter-final round, not to the semis which are tomorrow.

They've been saying these morning races are advancing to the semis.

Edit: The team getting the 100m wrong was Albert/Richards-Ross.

I just realized that different teams of announcers are working different on-air channels, not just one on-air and one on streaming.
                              Last edited by dj; 08-12-2016, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X