3. Germany 41.62 (’16)
    4. Great Britain 41.81 (’16)
    5. Holland 42.04 (’16)
    6. Trinidad 42.03 (’15)
    7. Brazil 42.59 (’16)
    8. Ukraine 42.50 (’15)
    9. France 42.94 (’16)
    10. Switzerland 42.87 (’16)
    Last edited by dj; 08-20-2016, 02:23 AM.

Paraphrase from The Sixth Sense: 'I see dropped batons.'

Comment

Just curious what the status of the Jamaican team may be? Williams possibly injured after running 11.8 in the final? Or maybe just a cramp.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        US team I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
          Just curious what the status of the Jamaican team may be? Williams possibly injured after running 11.8 in the final? Or maybe just a cramp.
          She finished the race so I guess it was a cramp

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            If Gardner is 3rd, I share your pessimism. If she's anchoring, and Bowie is 3rd, then we've got a shot at getting it to the finish(and it's the fastest lineup anyway). I fear, though, that Mitchell will be going with door #1...
            https://twitter.com/walnuthillstrak

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
              Don't think she's injured. She had a bad start (mis-stepped) and it really through her off and she lost it in the end. No worries.

As for the 4x1 team, JA is looking better than the US. Those US Trials wind aided times are blinding people. Not seeing how the US are faves when the 100m had 1st, 3rd and 8th while the US team had 2nd and 7th.

Comment

If Williams is fit and SAFP turns up for thr finals. Jamaica wins if they get the baton around if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Francois Lite View Post
                  Not seeing how the US are faves when the 100m had 1st, 3rd and 8th while the US team had 2nd and 7th.
                  Well with Williams' status up in the air that's a bit of an issue for Jamaica.

That said, it will all come down to what Felix brings to the table. Otherwise, handoffs aside, it appears to be a wash on the other 3, with perhaps a slight edge to the US with Bartoletta popping.

Comment

Williams' status is not up in the air. If u watch the race carefully, you will see she messed up on her 4th step, lost balance and then lost control of the race and gave up. She's fine. After how JA performed in the 100m in comparison to the US team's performance, the JA women are looking better. When I see what form VCB is in for the 200m, it will be more clearer to us.

Comment

When I see what form VCB is in for the 200m, it will be more clearer to us.

Agree

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
                        If Gardner is 3rd, I share your pessimism. If she's anchoring, and Bowie is 3rd, then we've got a shot at getting it to the finish(and it's the fastest lineup anyway). I fear, though, that Mitchell will be going with door #1...
                        After what happened in 2013, they better put Gardner on 1st leg.

Comment

After what happened in 2013, they better put Gardner on 1st leg.
                          Lol!

I think Bowie will catch her, even if Gardner gets anxious. If Felix is the incoming, however...

Comment

Bartoletta isn't in the shape she needs to be in, that seems clear. Gardener also isn't in 10.7 form and barely seems to be in 10.8 form, more seems to be in 10.9 shape. Bowie is in 10.8/10.7 shape.

Sooo....

ET trumps Bowie
                            SAFP trumps Gardener
                            VCB trumps Bartoletta
                            Facey/Williams loses out to Felix

If you look at it like that. JA is in the drivers seat.

Comment

I think the line up will be

VCB - ET - Williams/Facey - SAFP
                              Bartaletto - Felix - Gardener - Bowie

Again, I still think JAM is in a better place.

Comment

Working...
                              X