Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2016 OG wPV: Ekateríni Stefanídi 15-11 (4.85)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶2016 OG wPV: Ekateríni Stefanídi 15-11 (4.85)

T&FN formchart:

1. Jenn Suhr (USA) 5.03 | 16-6 (’16)
    2. Sandi Morris (USA) 4.95 | 16-2¾ (’16)
    3. Yarisley Silva (Cuba) 4.91 | 16-1¼ (’15)
    4. Fabiana Murer (Brazil) 4.87 | 15-11¾ (’16)
    5. Ekateríni Stefanídi (Greece) 4.90 | 16-¾ (’16)
    6. Alana Boyd (Australia) 4.81 | 15-9¼ (’16)
    7. Eliza McCartney (New Zealand) 4.80 | 15-9 (’16)
    8. Nicole Büchler (Switzerland) 4.80 | 15-9 (’16)
    9. Nikoléta Kiriakopoúlou (Greece) 4.83 | 15-10 (’15)
    10. Martina Strutz (Germany) 4.80 | 15-9 (’11)
    Last edited by dj; 08-20-2016, 01:38 AM.

Even without Isi, this could be the best event of the games. With 4 vaulters over 16' and a mix of old pros duking it out with the young tigers, the fans will be on the edge of their seats. I see two Americans on the podium.

Comment

Typo in the title. Suhr is going for her second gold.

Comment

There's lots of permutations here!

Murer is going to get the home-field bump.
        Silva is a proven big-meet performer.
        Stefanidi has the best record overall this year.
        Morris can pop a huge one.
        Suhr is where my money is (literally) but the PV is fickle event.

Comment

Stefanidi may not be as proven in big meets, but her big breakthrough was this year. She is so consistent technically and seems to always strings together 3 or 4 1st attempts to open competitions. I'll call for her in 3rd behind Morris and Suhr.

If conditions suck, Weeks may place higher than expected. It was as if she didn't care at all that it was raining at NCAA and OT.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if Silva just moved her grip up 6 inches. There's always like a foot and a half of extra pole to work with above her top hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post
            Typo in the title. Suhr is going for her second gold.
            Thank you!

Comment

As this might be their most likely medal, its interesting to note T&FN has picked the host country Brazil to walk away with 0 medals at these games.

Comment

Could you grant Martina Stutz an A here and in the formchart on the frontpage to make her a female again?

Comment

I'm really pulling for Murer to medal!

Comment

Murer is coming off a herniated disk in her neck, I would, unfortunately, consider her a pretty long shot for a medal.

Stefanidi on the other hand is practically guaranteed one. She is the most consistent by far of the non-Americans.

Silva's season has been relatively unimpressive, outside of her 4.84, her next best jumps are 72, 71, 71. She should be in the mix, but I don't see her getting a medal unless someone else has a bad day.

Kiriakopoúlou is also coming off an injury.

Comment

I see Stefanidi and Morris as the top two...

Comment

Is Suhr too much of a question mark or is it her disinclination to vault abroad (or injuries?)?

Comment

Stefanidi will, I believe, give a very good account of herself. She has looked extremely good in the DL meets and won the Euros. However, she may not have the "top end" to win the gold medal.
                          Cheers,
                          Alan Shank
                          Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                            Is Suhr too much of a question mark or is it her disinclination to vault abroad (or injuries?)?
                            I like Suhr's chances of winning. They've found that travel just doesn't work well for them, so we don't see her in many meets, but she has a long history of performing well in Championships. If she is on, no one in the world can beat her right now, not even the missing Isinbayeva.

But if she's even a little off, there are several vaulters close behind...

Comment

A few days back Stafanidi won and look so-so at 491 while Morris looked easy making that same height.

I was not questioning Suhr but Grazerite who seemed to think she was not a factor. I think Suhr, Morris, Stefanidi, Silva, Murer. I also think Weeks is a possible top-10 here.

Comment

Working...
                              X