Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US viewers blast NBC coverage of Rio Olympics

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/us...3017--oly.html

Washington (AFP) - It's too "packaged." There are too many commercial breaks. And key competitions are broadcast with frustrating time delays so they are seen during prime-time.

Welcome to the drama-filled, not entirely live Rio Olympics, NBC-style.

"I love the Olympics but can't watch them on NBC. I want sports, not fluff pieces and endless commercials," one Twitter user wrote.

Then get cable and watch the streaming...this Olympics has been a complete joy...

Comment

Originally posted by cubehead View Post
      Then get cable and watch the streaming...this Olympics has been a complete joy...

This
      There are no strings on me

Comment

What NBC could have done to make the viewing experience better was not to fxxk around with the Roku streams everyday constantly switching it from video with commentary to video only in the middle of a race.

Alternatively, what they could have done is make it possible to screen cast from your laptop to your TV(via Roku) so that you can watch NBC Olympics.com live streaming directly on your TV(I can do this using Youtube on my laptop). Oh yea, I know you can attach your laptop to your TV via HDMI but that's so 1990's

NBC did almost everything to annoy its viewers. I eventually stopped watching NBC live and watched BBC instead which had much better coverage(commercial free)
        Last edited by trackcamp; 08-16-2016, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Totally agree ! I am tired of the bitching and whining from posters on this site that know they have other options besides TV. I wonder if they do it just to cause trouble !

Comment

Right!
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Concur! Watching the multiple streams has been awesome. I am, however, getting tired of the ONE Christoph Waltz ad!

Comment

Originally posted by trackcamp View Post
                Alternatively, what they could have done is make it possible to screen cast from your laptop to your TV(via Roku) so that you can watch NBC Olympics.com live streaming directly on your TV(I can do this using Youtube on my laptop). Oh yea, I know you can attach your laptop to your TV via HDMI but that's so 1990's
                HDMI was around in the 90s? Wow. I must have missed that technological advance that didn't happen until about 2003.

Try Bluetooth. Most modern TVs and BluRays have an option to stream from your laptop. Alternatively, for $25 you can pick up a Chromecast stick.
                Last edited by JRM; 08-16-2016, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JRM View Post
                  HDMI was around in the 90s? Wow. I must have missed that technological advance that didn't happen until about 2003.

Try Bluetooth. Most modern TVs and BluRays have an option to stream from your laptop. Alternatively, for $25 you can pick up a Chromecast stick.
                  I tried using sarcasm but I guess you missed it.

Watching it live on BBC works fine for me. Thanks.

Comment

I have thoroughly enjoyed the streaming video. It's live, has excellent announcing (most of the time), and no commercials. I will say, though, that I enjoyed the fluff piece on regular NBC about WVN and his coach & family before the 400. It was well done, but then again, I lived in SA for 2 years, and the piece brought back good memories.

One one on the streaming video commentary . . . In the PV yesterday, the announcer kept saying (incorrectly) that Braz only had 2 attempts at 6.03 because he passed 5.98. One need not be a T&F expert to know he had 3 attempts, and to his credit, after several wrong statements, the announcer caught his mistake.

Comment

see story now on front page: LA Times writer thought NBC nailed Sunday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Pego View Post
                        Right!
                        Agree with the other posters. Picking an event on live stream and watching it has been great. Only problem last night was my internet went down right after RL made 5.98 and I did not get to watch anything live after that. But other than that glitch, I can't see how anyone can complain.

Comment

This is by far my best viewing experience since the triple cast in 92. Having a field event going at the same time I am watching a running event (and also keeping up with other results) has been outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            Concur! Watching the multiple streams has been awesome. I am, however, getting tired of the ONE Christoph Waltz ad!
                            Yeah I wish they'd throw him in with the synchronized swimming dogs.

Comment

The CBC also has live streams of field events. Tonight's streams can be found at http://olympics.cbc.ca/online-listin...=AT/index.html. If you live outside Canada something like Hotspot Shield will be needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X