Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEONEL SUÁREZ, the #1 Latin American Decathlon scorer in history (8654 points in 2009) retires from the sport of track and field. Suarez won two Olympic Bronze medals in 2008 & 2012. He also added a World Championships silver (2009) and Bronze medal (2011).

Comment

• Fabrizio Donato (Italy, triple jump) made it official last week.
      It is not a shock given he is almost 45 years old, that his last competition was in 2019 and that in 2020 he got a surgery again for problems at his back.

Comment

• Piotr Małachowski, Kamila Lićwinko and Joanna Fiodorow will all be saying goodbye at the Skolimowska Memorial this Sunday.
        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post
          Piotr Małachowski, Kamila Lićwinko and Joanna Fiodorow will all be saying goodbye at the Skolimowska Memorial this Sunday.
          One of my favorite athlete reactions ever -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRqTb9yWWWE

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

One of my favorite athlete reactions ever -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRqTb9yWWWE
            What a throw! Two thoughts:
            1. Terrific follow-through.
            2. Has to be the biggest gut I've ever seen on a world class thrower!

Comment

• Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet that Sara Slott Petersen retired after her fall in the Olympic 400h semi. 2016 OG silver and EC gold, best 53.55 (NR) from Rio,

Olha Saladukha also retired after Tokyo (went out in Q). 2012 OG bronze, 2011 WC gold and 2013 bronze, triple EC gold 2010,12,14. Surprised she never broke 15. She is a member of the Ukrainian parliament.

Comment

• Originally posted by andyjgt View Post
                Olha Saladukha also retired after Tokyo (went out in Q). 2012 OG bronze, 2011 WC gold and 2013 bronze, triple EC gold 2010,12,14. Surprised she never broke 15. She is a member of the Ukrainian parliament.
                Born 4 June 1983, so she's lasted to an advanced age for such a tough event.

Comment

• Antti Ruuskanen (2014 EC gold, 2012 OG silver [upgraded from bronze], 2016 EC bronze) is retiring also. He was targeting Tokyo, but missed making the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post
                    Piotr Małachowski, Kamila Lićwinko and Joanna Fiodorow will all be saying goodbye at the Skolimowska Memorial this Sunday.
                    Just to expand on that info: while there will be an official farewell on Sunday, Lićwinko at least will have a couple more competitions before the end of the season, including the DL final. I believe it will actually be Małachowski's last appearance, not sure about Fiodorow.
                    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• Nesta Carter has hung up his spikes.
                      My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

• Lea Sprunger is retiring tomorrow after the Diamond League 400 hurdles final. Swiss athlete who won both the European championships at 400 hurdles and 400 indoors.

I didn't see her retirement mentioned in this thread, perhaps because she announced nearly a year ago that 2021 would be her final season.

As soon as Femke Bol finishes the 400 hurdles tomorrow -- regardless of the outcome -- the first thing she will do is hug Lea Sprunger. Despite the 10 year age difference and competing for different countries, the two are close friends and have been training partners the past two years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
                          Lea Sprunger is retiring tomorrow after the Diamond League 400 hurdles final. Swiss athlete who won both the European championships at 400 hurdles and 400 indoors.

I didn't see her retirement mentioned in this thread, perhaps because she announced nearly a year ago that 2021 would be her final season.

As soon as Femke Bol finishes the 400 hurdles tomorrow -- regardless of the outcome -- the first thing she will do is hug Lea Sprunger. Despite the 10 year age difference and competing for different countries, the two are close friends and have been training partners the past two years.
                          I've read that her last race will be at the CT Silver meeting in Bellinzona on the 14th. On her Instagram she refers to Zurich as "saying goodbye to the Swiss German crowd". Having already said goodbye to the Swiss French crowd in Lausanne, I'm presuming she will do the same to the Swiss Italian crowd in Bellinzona?

Comment

• Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post

I've read that her last race will be at the CT Silver meeting in Bellinzona on the 14th. On her Instagram she refers to Zurich as "saying goodbye to the Swiss German crowd". Having already said goodbye to the Swiss French crowd in Lausanne, I'm presuming she will do the same to the Swiss Italian crowd in Bellinzona?
                            When is the next meet in the Swiss Romansch region of the country?

Comment

• Originally posted by cigar95 View Post

When is the next meet in the Swiss Romansch region of the country?
                              You had to ask...

Graubünden athletics championships

Date: September 24/25, 2021

I think it is mostly age-group stuff, and I don't see a 400h race.

Comment

• Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post

You had to ask...

Graubünden athletics championships
                                Only on this board!

Comment

Working...
                                X