Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Retirement Thread

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 33 years old Matteo Galvan (Italy) retires tomorrow after the 4x400 at the finals of the Italian Clubs Championships.
    He was part of the winning 4x400 relay at 2009 Euro Indoor Championships. He took part to Rio OG in 200m and 400m (he was an alternate in the 4x400 relay at Tokyo OG).
    Various editions of Worlds and Europeans, achieving some semifinals in the 400m (and a final in 2016 Amsterdam European Championships).
    He won the Italian Championships in the 400m 6 times: 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019.
    Last edited by ItalianFan; 09-18-2021, 11:01 PM.

    Comment


    • Marathoner Mary Keitany has retired.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tandfman View Post
        Marathoner Mary Keitany has retired.
        Bad back, according to one report. 😥

        Comment


        • quotes from Keitany on the subject posted in link on front page this morning

          Comment


          • After her best season, Chanelle Price has retired--from racing and pacing, apparently!
            She hasn't said what's next, but she's only 31.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by aaronk View Post
              After her best season, Chanelle Price has retired--from racing and pacing, apparently!
              She hasn't said what's next, but she's only 31.
              https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a3...price-retires/

              She told Runner’s World in a conversation on September 24 that she was mulling retirement.

              “After everything I’ve had to overcome these past four or five years, I’m just tired, if I’m being honest,” she said. “It’s been hard. If I do come back, I want to make sure I’m all in, and I’m just not quite sure. Right now, I’m exhausted. If I had to answer right now, my answer would be: I’m done.

              “I want to end on a high note,” she continued. “I don’t think enough athletes leave on their own terms. Most athletes leave when they’re injured or their contract ends. This has been my best season ever. I’m okay with walking away after PRing.”

              She confirmed that decision in a message on October 5.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                Chanelle Price has retired
                2014 World Indoor champion
                1:58.73 PR - this year at OT

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  2014 World Indoor champion
                  1:58.73 PR - this year at OT
                  And for a number of years the high school record holder.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
                    And for a number of years the high school record holder.
                    How so?

                    When Price graduated in 08, Gallagher (82) still held the record at 2:00.07.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Atticus View Post

                      How so?

                      When Price graduated in 08, Gallagher (82) still held the record at 2:00.07.
                      National Federation record - while competing for Easton, PA

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
                        National Federation record - while competing for Easton, PA
                        Ah so.
                        She will be missed.

                        Comment


                        • Not sure if it was noted, but saw that Jesús Ángel García retired in August. Competed in the 50k walk at 8 Olympics (92-20) and 13 world championships (93-15, 19)

                          Comment


                          • Molly Huddle is NOT retiring!
                            But she IS pregnant, due on April 22, 2022!
                            So she scratched from the 2021 Boston Marathon, and won't be available for the 2022 version either.
                            She says she'll be running during her pregnancy, and will be returning to competition!

                            Comment


                            • Huddle is 37. I suspect we have seen the last of her in terms of seriously contending for a spot on a national team.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ATK View Post

                                https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a3...price-retires/

                                She told Runner’s World in a conversation on September 24 that she was mulling retirement.

                                “After everything I’ve had to overcome these past four or five years, I’m just tired, if I’m being honest,” she said. “It’s been hard. If I do come back, I want to make sure I’m all in, and I’m just not quite sure. Right now, I’m exhausted. If I had to answer right now, my answer would be: I’m done.

                                “I want to end on a high note,” she continued. “I don’t think enough athletes leave on their own terms. Most athletes leave when they’re injured or their contract ends. This has been my best season ever. I’m okay with walking away after PRing.”

                                She confirmed that decision in a message on October 5.
                                Might she still do any pacing for Diamond League races and the like? She became quite good at that.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X