Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
    Kayoko Fukushi (2013 World Championship marathon bronze medalist) who had announced her retirement back in December, ran her last race on Sunday.

http://japanrunningnews.blogspot.com...n-january.html
    Yes, a legend of Japanese distance running. She was all smiles and waving to everyone in the last mile of the Osaka Half on Sunday.

Also, she was 6th in both the World XC and World Half Championships and finished top 12 in seven global track finals.

Her three 'major' national records - 3000, 5000 & half marathon - all set in the early to mid 2000s have only been broken within the last couple of years. Some of her Ekiden course records still stand though, such as her 30:50 for the 10km leg at the All Japan Inter-Prefectural Ekiden.

She ran sub-31:15 ten times on the track (best time 30:51.8) and 20 times sub-31:45.

Comment

• Tiffany Ofili Porter just tweeted she's retiring.

She's opened a website, on which her first blog post is her retirement announcement!
      It's long, but quite detailed about her entire involvement with the sport!
      Last edited by aaronk; 02-05-2022, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• This is not really about "retirement" but Suguru Osako just announced his "unretirement" on this YouTube channel.

Comment

• Justin Gatlin is officially retiring on his 40th birthday: https://www.instagram.com/p/CZz8mxxJZS1/

"I’m grateful for our relationship and the many others that I’ve had along the way.

The torch is passed but the love will never fade.

On your mark, get set….Gone!

Love JGat."
          Last edited by ATK; 02-11-2022, 01:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
            I think Justin Gatlin is officially retiring?[/I]
            I know he has lots of detractors, but I have always liked him. One of the few drug busts I have had sympathy for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              I know he has lots of detractors, but I have always liked him. One of the few drug busts I have had sympathy for.
              Me too. He was always a smoldering fire before the race.
              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Yup definitely mixed results with the public.

BCA69BE8-6273-4BA8-A416-E34C2A98FE9B.jpg 23C5E921-E170-45AF-ABA1-B38D7EBC63D5.jpg

But I agree, one of the best athletes over the last 2 decades. Was amazing to see him win in 2017

Comment

His post ban record left no doubt that he had no need for PED’s and I always thought there was something fishy about the positive.

Comment

• Wasn't really a fan even before the drug bans, but having said that, I don't believe the lingering benefits could possibly account for his career since 2010, which (assuming he has been clean) has been remarkable. It must have been very tough to withstand these 12 years of vilification from so many quarters and still come out swinging.

Comment

• one of my faavorite 800 tacticians of recent vintage, Adam Kszczot:

https://www.european-athletics.com/n...es-retirement-

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                        But I agree, one of the best athletes over the last 2 decades. Was amazing to see him win in 2017
                        Superb technician. His start, acceleration, and relaxation the last 40m is a textbook for sprinters.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                          one of my faavorite 800 tacticians of recent vintage, Adam Kszczot:

https://www.european-athletics.com/n...es-retirement-
                          Saw on Twitter that he's retiring at the end of this INdoor season.
                          He's entered in the Birmingham meet this weekend--and another meet!
                          Maybe the World INdoor??

Comment

• Christina Schwanitz announced her retirement today!

Comment

• The rumour has it that Dame Valerie Adams will officially announce her retirement today.

Personally, I hope it is typical social media fake news. But I suspect not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                                The rumour has it that Dame Valerie Adams will officially announce her retirement today.

Personally, I hope it is typical social media fake news. But I suspect not.
                                She just announced it in a press conference (I was watching here: https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...ddresses-media)

Comment

Working...
                                X