X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• booond
    replied
    Originally posted by norunner View Post
    At age 24, Johannes Hock announced his retirement a couple of days ago due to constant injuries.
    Talented guy.

Leave a comment:

• norunner
    replied
    At age 24, Johannes Hock announced his retirement a couple of days ago due to constant injuries.

Leave a comment:

• Sasuke
    replied
    I heard Paul Kipsiele Koech will retire after Bruxelles DL.
    Don't know if it's confirmed so I will wait a bit before putting his name on my "black" list.

Leave a comment:

• Speedster
    replied
    Originally posted by fasttrak85 View Post
    It doesnt really say she retired in that post. She,says what she will miss most which could be a reference to missing rio. The only thing carmelita wqnted was olympic gold n if she didnt make rio her chances are practically 0 going forward. Great career and she will likely be second fastest woman for a,long long time.
    Sorry, I posted the wrong Instagram post! I recall a video thanking fans on Instagram which I took as meany she's retired but maybe I was wrong? She is working out in the gym so maybe she's going for another season?

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
    I hope he comes back to track in 2020 and breaks all the M45 records...
    Ditto. Given the way he ran in the Rio 5,000, I think he still has a medal performance left in him for next year's Worlds.

Leave a comment:

• fasttrak85
    replied
    Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Am not at all certain that her fastest time won't be exceeded soon. A 2.0mps wind in the right competitions would have already made it likely.
    Logically that is very true. However it seems shelly n elaine hqve been cursed to keep getting still air when they run 10.7 flat. Jeter was a boss in thag whe ran 10.67 into slight headwind just shy of 30. I would love to know her training for that year n how,n why it came so late in the season.

On another note I miss when track season use to end in lqte september. Carmelita ran 10.6 twice in mjd n late sep. Manh of srr,very fast times came in sep too qs well as,asafq.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Am not at all certain that her fastest time won't be exceeded soon. A 2.0mps wind in the right competitions would have already made it likely.

Leave a comment:

• fasttrak85
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedster View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BHXTRzjA...by=jetg5&hl=en

Confirmed by her earlier in the summer.
    It doesnt really say she retired in that post. She,says what she will miss most which could be a reference to missing rio. The only thing carmelita wqnted was olympic gold n if she didnt make rio her chances are practically 0 going forward. Great career and she will likely be second fastest woman for a,long long time.
    Last edited by fasttrak85; 09-06-2016, 07:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Speedster
    replied
    Originally posted by fasttrak85 View Post
    Vids of carmelita jeter seem to suggest she is retired. She talks about coqching nfl players at the combine. It seems her quad injuries got the best of her and she just couldnt do it anymore.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BHXTRzjA...by=jetg5&hl=en

Confirmed by her earlier in the summer.

Leave a comment:

• Sasuke
    replied
    Originally posted by Pakilo View Post
    I hope Kim Collins is not retiring. Loved his victory at ISTAF yesterday.
    He is not. Not according to him, at least.

Leave a comment:

• Pakilo
    replied
    I hope Kim Collins is not retiring. Loved his victory at ISTAF yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• fasttrak85
    replied
    Vids of carmelita jeter seem to suggest she is retired. She talks about coqching nfl players at the combine. It seems her quad injuries got the best of her and she just couldnt do it anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    As one would expect from a Cougar - and of course a totally unbiased and modest observation

Leave a comment:

• Sasuke
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman View Post
    Add hammer thrower Betty Heidler.
    I've always had the feeling of something unfinished with her. Great physique, great PR (79.40m second woman in history) but very inconsistent (going from 78 to 68 a meet after another) and, I think, a bit weak from the psychological point of view.

Leave a comment:

• bobguild76
    replied
    Originally posted by odelltrclan View Post
    Sad about Lagat as he has been such a joy to watch over the years. One of the greatest middle distance athletes of all time and a great gentleman as well. It is just amazing that he has carried this on and at such a high level for so long.
    Well said!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X