Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As one would expect from a Cougar - and of course a totally unbiased and modest observation

Comment

Vids of carmelita jeter seem to suggest she is retired. She talks about coqching nfl players at the combine. It seems her quad injuries got the best of her and she just couldnt do it anymore.

Comment

I hope Kim Collins is not retiring. Loved his victory at ISTAF yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Pakilo View Post
          I hope Kim Collins is not retiring. Loved his victory at ISTAF yesterday.
          He is not. Not according to him, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by fasttrak85 View Post
            Vids of carmelita jeter seem to suggest she is retired. She talks about coqching nfl players at the combine. It seems her quad injuries got the best of her and she just couldnt do it anymore.
            https://www.instagram.com/p/BHXTRzjA...by=jetg5&hl=en

Confirmed by her earlier in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedster View Post
              https://www.instagram.com/p/BHXTRzjA...by=jetg5&hl=en

Confirmed by her earlier in the summer.
              It doesnt really say she retired in that post. She,says what she will miss most which could be a reference to missing rio. The only thing carmelita wqnted was olympic gold n if she didnt make rio her chances are practically 0 going forward. Great career and she will likely be second fastest woman for a,long long time.
              Last edited by fasttrak85; 09-06-2016, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Am not at all certain that her fastest time won't be exceeded soon. A 2.0mps wind in the right competitions would have already made it likely.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                  Am not at all certain that her fastest time won't be exceeded soon. A 2.0mps wind in the right competitions would have already made it likely.
                  Logically that is very true. However it seems shelly n elaine hqve been cursed to keep getting still air when they run 10.7 flat. Jeter was a boss in thag whe ran 10.67 into slight headwind just shy of 30. I would love to know her training for that year n how,n why it came so late in the season.

On another note I miss when track season use to end in lqte september. Carmelita ran 10.6 twice in mjd n late sep. Manh of srr,very fast times came in sep too qs well as,asafq.

Comment

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                    I hope he comes back to track in 2020 and breaks all the M45 records...
                    Ditto. Given the way he ran in the Rio 5,000, I think he still has a medal performance left in him for next year's Worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by fasttrak85 View Post
                      It doesnt really say she retired in that post. She,says what she will miss most which could be a reference to missing rio. The only thing carmelita wqnted was olympic gold n if she didnt make rio her chances are practically 0 going forward. Great career and she will likely be second fastest woman for a,long long time.
                      Sorry, I posted the wrong Instagram post! I recall a video thanking fans on Instagram which I took as meany she's retired but maybe I was wrong? She is working out in the gym so maybe she's going for another season?

Comment

I heard Paul Kipsiele Koech will retire after Bruxelles DL.
                        Don't know if it's confirmed so I will wait a bit before putting his name on my "black" list.

Comment

At age 24, Johannes Hock announced his retirement a couple of days ago due to constant injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
                            At age 24, Johannes Hock announced his retirement a couple of days ago due to constant injuries.
                            Talented guy.

Comment

Racers Grand Prix to be Bolt's last race in Jamaica:

Andre Lowe, Special Projects Editor - Sports

After confirming that next year’s World Championships will be his last major competitive appearance, sprint king Usain Bolt this morning told viewers of Television Jamaica’s ‘Smile Jamaica’ morning magazine programme, that next year’s Racers Grand Prix will in fact be his last race in front of local fans.

Bolt, who told presenters Neville Bell and Sakina Deer that he and his team are yet to decide on which event he will be running then, does not have to compete at next year’s National Senior Championships having already secured his place on Jamaica’s team to the World Championships in the 100m and 200m, by virtue of his gold medals in those events at the last championships in Beijing a year ago.

“Yes I am definitely going to retire after the World championships in London, that will be my last one,” said Bolt.

“The Racers Grand Prix will be my last race in Jamaica people, it will be the last time I run in Jamaica,” Bolt declared.

The Racers Track Club, of which Bolt is a member, this year staged its first international track meet, the Racers Grand Prix on June 11 to overwhelming acclaim, with Bolt winning the men’s 100m in 9.88 seconds.

Bolt and other members of Jamaica’s team to this year’s Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro will be honoured this weekend by the government of Jamaica.

He will also take part in the second staging of the Jamaica National Foundation Heroes in Action 8k run/walk and 4k fun run in his home town, Falmouth on Sunday. The event is being endorsed by his Usain Bolt Foundation and will support several charities in the Parish of Trelawny including the Granville Place of Safety for Girls.

Comment

Alana Boyd retired today after a successful season.

Comment

Working...
                                X