Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What else is new? More and more athletes get scared of 30 and retire. We get it. Thirty years old is so scary.... Uh oh.. 27 years old. That means you only have 3 more years to go till you're old.

This is such screwed up thinking. So many people are missing out on all time personal records because they failed to push themselves past 30 because they thought they were too old. It's a good thing I never believed the 30 year old thing.

The human body hits its peak in upper 30s to low 40s for strength, speed, and power. But you have to know how to push yourself. If you don't know how to push yourself then yeah you will hit your peak at 24. I mean animals hit their peak at like the equivalent of 24. Someone told me greyhounds hit their peak at some certain age. And that's because dogs don't know how to push themselves.

So we aren't dealing with animals here. If you push yourself then you will hit your peak in upper 30s to low 40s.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
      I suspect Matt has never experience the difference in being 25 and 40.
      I'm not understanding your comment since i'm 38 years old right now and faster and stronger than I have ever been. So what is so special about 2 years from now when I just continue to get stronger? Apparently you haven't watched my youtube page.

Comment

Originally posted by Fortius19 View Post
        Jeremy Wariner retired quietly last August or so.
        Yeah because Jeremy Wariner didn't lift weights. Merritt does. See the difference here? You have to work from the bottom up. The bottom is always going to be the gym. If you don't get stronger in the gym then you're not going to get faster on the track. That's the bottomline on that.

You don't get faster in the 400 by running pointless 100s and 200s. You have to actually build the muscle first. That's why he peaked so early. He didn't push himself in the gym. I'm sure countless people told him this over and over and over again. Yet every single time I saw a picture of him I saw the same person. He never seemed to get more muscular or stronger.

But you go by what he accomplished. So you can't get mad at what he did. He ran 43.45. That's unreal.

Comment

Ex-NCAA discus champion Vikas Gowda has announced his retirement.

http://indianexpress.com/article/spo...udies-5197813/

Comment

The Ginger Gumper has called it quits. Greg Rutherford retires.

Comment

wpw - didn't expect the announcement so early in the season

Comment

Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post
                It's just the announcement that's early--he says he'll retire after this summer's track season.

Comment

Steepler Dan Huling, who has not raced this year, has confirmed (via Twitter) that he has retired.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                    Steepler Dan Huling, who has not raced this year, has confirmed (via Twitter) that he has retired.
                    Was wondering where he was during the USATF. Good career.

Comment

Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post
                      sorry, who is wpw?

Comment

I believe they just meant wow. Not wpw. All in reference to Rutherford

Comment

Christine Ohuruogu confirms retirement

Comment

Sam Chelenga is leaving running to join the Army

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk2pQ9YFO8C/

Comment

Ato Bolden announced on the Lausanne broadcast that Javier Coulson announced his retirement.

Comment

Mary Saxer announced her retirement earlier this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X