Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    Originally posted by GHM View Post

Impossible is for to to run 19.93 in 100m. My daughter clock (Yes Clock) me 25+ in December of 2022. I am doing stretches and hope to go 22-23 soon.
    No, I am not retiring
    Great GHM! ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ†
    Your challenge is very respectable!

Leave a comment:

• GHM
    replied
    Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
    You do realise he'd have to beat 9.93?
    Impossible is for to to run 19.93 in 100m. My daughter clock (Yes Clock) me 25+ in December of 2022. I am doing stretches and hope to go 22-23 soon.
    No, I am not retiring

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

Impossible.

Leave a comment:

• Wiederganger
    replied
    2015 World 100mh silver medalist, and multiple european medalist, Cindy Roleder (33) is retiring after the indoor season. It looks like she will do some indoor 60mh races as well as a pentathlon.

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    Originally posted by GHM View Post
    To gh from GHM:

I love this thread. Is it possible we start another retirement link starting Jan 2023 and stop end of December 2023? Each year must have its own link IMO.

I wish Powell would run an invitational 100m and break 40+ World Best in 100m

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• GHM
    replied
    To gh from GHM:

I love this thread. Is it possible we start another retirement link starting Jan 2023 and stop end of December 2023? Each year must have its own link IMO.

I wish Powell would run an invitational 100m and break 40+ World Best in 100m

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• J Rorick
    replied
    Don't think Mekhissi will be the one they select to light the torch in 2024.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    Imagine what he could have done in boxing and/or wrestling.

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Better known for assaulting a mascot, taking off his singlet during a race, and getting into a fight with another runner after a race.

Leave a comment:

• DET59
    replied
    Originally posted by The Klingon View Post

Who???????
    3 time Olympic Steeple medalist I believe from France?

Leave a comment:

• The Klingon
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post
    The successful, yet controversial, Mahiedine Mekhissi-Benabbad has retired

https://apnews.com/article/sports-tr...075a9a7f5c0โ€‹
    Who???????

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    The successful, yet controversial, Mahiedine Mekhissi-Benabbad has retired

AP news article seems to have been removed, but here it is
    https://www.bakersfield.com/ap/sport...67c665c40.html

3 time Olympic medalist and 2 time world medalist in the steeplechase. 5-time European Champion as well.

Also famous for a few fights.

A runner slaps and shoves a 14-year-old mascot. CNN's Jeanne Moos reports on "mascot abuse."For more CNN videos, check out our YouTube channel at http://www....
    Last edited by ATK; 01-04-2023, 05:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by berkeley View Post

But I'm assuming he also had a few that were just sub-10 but aided by a legal tailwind. These would not count if we're adjusting for wind.
    Because of his insane amount of sub 10's Im sure things even out into the 90ish range anyway though

Leave a comment:

• berkeley
    replied
    Originally posted by Fortius19 View Post

Wow, thanks dj! Good information.

Just looking at Larsson's site, I see Powell also had: 10.00 (-0.6), 10.00 (-0.5) and 10.01 (-0.7). He was sooo close.

He also had 9.72 (+2.1), 9.75 (+2.6), 9.81 (+2.3), and 9.84 (+3.4). All sub-10 on Mureika's wind adjustment calculator.
    But I'm assuming he also had a few that were just sub-10 but aided by a legal tailwind. These would not count if we're adjusting for wind.

Leave a comment:

• Fortius19
    replied
    Originally posted by dj View Post
    Peter Larssonโ€™s site credits Powell with 97 legal sub-10.00s, the number Alfons Juck cites in the story you linked.

Add in one mark that was annulled because of a doping infraction = 98. Add a hand-timed 9.9 = 99.

Different numbers depend on the person doing the counting.
    Wow, thanks dj! Good information.

Just looking at Larsson's site, I see Powell also had: 10.00 (-0.6), 10.00 (-0.5) and 10.01 (-0.7). He was sooo close.

He also had 9.72 (+2.1), 9.75 (+2.6), 9.81 (+2.3), and 9.84 (+3.4). All sub-10 on Mureika's wind adjustment calculator.
    Last edited by Fortius19; 11-25-2022, 08:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X