Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you have the biggest expectations of for 2017?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you have the biggest expectations of for 2017?

It is an upbeat question. Who do you have the greatest expectations of?

Bolt and Eaton are at the end of their careers.
    FArah is at the peak of his powers.
    CEntrowitz may do more great things
    We have three active 6 meter vaulters with some knocking at the door
    Crouser and Kovaz in the SP
    The list goes on.

Who are you looking for this year?

1. Some fast marathon times from the women. The men had improved tremendously over the past few years, but the women has stagnated a bit after Keitany's 2:18 in 2012. Berlin race organisers should try to get Florence, Mary, Sumgong, Tufa and push for a fast time.
    2. Bekele vs Kipchoge in a marathon race. Make it happen.
    3. Would be interesting to see how the women 3000m steeplechase is going to progress this year.
    4. As for sprints on the men side, hope to see Degrasse continue to run well as Bromell back to his 2015 and 2016 indoor form. Interesting to see the two youngsters (Norman and the other guy) progress too.
    5. Whether Felix is doing the double and if she is learning to dive at the line. Excited to see Okolo too.
    6. Morris and Kendrics to continue to do well.
    7. Some breakthrough athletes of course. Watch out for Ronald Kwemboi. Canova sees him as the next superstar.
    8. And my favourite : upsets galore in the WCs.

Comment

Kipchoge - WR in London. If not, then -

Kipchoge - WR in Berlin.

Comment

Oh, and Mo Farah will win the WC in 10K, making some ask if he's among the greatest ever...while not breaking 27 all year.

Comment

IMO, Harrison has some lofty expectations. Considering she has the WR now, she has to prove she can perform when it matters. She has a pretty lackluster record when it comes to the big stage since graduating from Kentucky:

Beijing 2015 - FS in the semis
          WIC 2016 - Last in the final
          Olympic Trials - 6th in the final not making the Olympic team

If she fails to perform in London (she has a wild card so no need for trials), it would be a a surprise and possibly reinforce the potential idea that she cant perform when it counts.

Comment

take your pick: Vin Lananna or Seb Coe

Comment

cas
              Last edited by ; 12-20-2016, 01:23 AM.

Comment

I'd like to see Laura Muir find a way to translate her incredible talent and fighting spirit into championship success and KJT's new coach to find a way to get to be competent enough in the SP that it doesn't throw off the whole of the rest of her competition. She can go 7000 even with a 13m SP but she does need to throw 13m, not even for points but for confidence
                i deserve extra credit

Comment

I'm particularly looking forward to (in no particular order):
                  Kipchoge v. Bekele;
                  Jarrion Lawson (not trailing his hand);
                  Crouser in the shot and in his secondary event;
                  Clayton Murphy as a "miler;
                  Christian Taylor closing in on the WR;
                  the women's short hurdles;
                  a return to full health for the men's high jumpers; and
                  Sydney McLaughlin

Comment

Clayton Murphy and Laura Muir. More Simpson v. Rowbury.

Maybe Ryan Hill breaks 13:00 too.

Comment

Great question!
                      I just completed EIGHT posts on my blog predicting which AGE, CLASS, and WR, AR, CR & HSR's might fall INdoors this season!
                      But looking to OUTdoors, here's SOME of what I'd like to see---

Full return to form for--Mary Cain, Wesley Frazier, Lisa Uhl (Is she retired??), Natosha Rogers, Sarah Baxter--among others!!

WC distance races being RUN, not jogged---the entire distance!!

Nike cancelling their preposterous sub-2 marathon idea!

A 50K Championship Walk for WOMEN!!
                      (Walked separately from the Men!!)

Usain Bolt "surrendering" & giving the 400 a serious shot!!
                      (Still believe he could run 42.5 at his best! Maybe 42.8 now!)

Some SERIOUS TWO Mile races---one with all Americans, another of international stars!

Kate Murphy (And??) taking a serious shot at the OUTdoor HSR in the Mile!
                      (Should have done it last year, when FOUR runners--Murphy, Aragon, Rainsberger & Donaghu--were fully capable of SMASHING that 1982 record to smithereens!!)

The full elimination of the 1600 and 3200!

OT's being made ILLEGAL for NCAA qualification purposes!!

10000's for HS'ers---especially the Women!!
                      It's insane that the 24th best track 10K for Women is 36:19!!

Run the 3000SC in HS, not the 2000SC!

Mo Farah actually TRYING to run fast times!!

The UN-retirement of Stacy Dragila---so she could SMASH the 40 & over Age record for the PV!

Me living all year & continuing to produce my blog!
                      (Better yet, having this site show my blog---just as it does House of Run's, the Daily Relay's, etc!)
                      Mine is the ONLY blog I know whose core focus is on the STATS segment of the sport!
                      (Or allow me to start an ongoing thread exclusively about my blog---where links to it can be sent!)

The success of Oiselle, Hoka One One, Skechers et al continuing!

Alberto Salazar (and Nike!) finally admitting he fucked up at the USATF INdoor meet in 2014---and offering full & sincere apologies to Gabe Grunewald & Andy Bumbalough!!

The return to FULL health for Gabe Grunewald and Bobby Colantonio!!

Happy New Year!!
                      LOL
                      Last edited by aaronk; 12-20-2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                        Me living all year & continuing to produce my blog!
                        (Better yet, having this site show my blog---just as it does House of Run's, the Daily Relay's, etc!) Mine is the ONLY blog I know whose core focus is on the STATS segment of the sport! (Or allow me to start an ongoing thread exclusively about my blog---where links to it can be sent!)
                        We absolutely hope this is true, aaronk. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Festivus to all.

Comment

aaronk, your enthusiasm is infectious for us all. Keep at it !
                          Last edited by dukehjsteve; 12-20-2016, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I expect aaronk to break the record he set in this thread several times next year: Mentioned his blog five times in one post, come on aaronk, you can do better.

I hope the w4x1 ER by a GDR relay gets erased next year, both GER and GBR have very talented young women who could do it in a perfect race.
                            Thomas Röhler thinks he can throw 100m (not necessarily next year), maybe he can produce the second best ever behind Zelezny?
                            Christoph Harting said his big goal is the WR, so maybe we'll see another old GDR record erased.

Comment

Off the top of my head . . . all these seem to have much more to show us.

S Morris
                              L Weeks
                              S McLaughlin
                              R Crouser
                              C Murphy
                              M Francis
                              R Kwemoi
                              E Jager
                              E Coburn
                              O McLeod
                              D Allen (iff)
                              B Tumuti