Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alysia Montano

Glad to see her finally in position to receive the medals she was cheated out of in Daegu and Moscow. Of course, she'll never get to stand on the podium and receive those medals. For that reason, I'm proposing that the Sacramento Sports Commission honor her during this year's USATF, more or less following the precedent of Adam Nelson's honors at Des Moines (and yes, I recognize that Nelson was upgraded to Gold and it was an Olympic medal, but still...). Not only did Alysia win the HS CIF meet in Sacto, but she also won her first NCAA title at Hornet Stadium and famously ran there pregnant in 2014. I'd propose an honorary presentation and victory lap just prior to the Women's 800 final for one of track and field's greatest runners and ambassadors.

Honour her, yes. But, just before the 800 m. final, no.

Comment

I doubt she would like to take a victory lap right before a final she likely plans on being in. Unless you've heard anything about her retiring?

Comment

She can use her usual fast first lap in the finals for her victory lap.

Kidding.

But all in all, I'm glad she get the medals, but all the glory and money she should have beeb awarded will never materialise.

Comment

For reference, here are some of her thoughts/feelings about the whole thing. This right after he 500m at Millrose:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUbdYQXbWIE

Comment

I loved her shoes at Millrose

Comment

Working...
            X