Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aussie Results 2017

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aussie Results 2017

    Now that the circus of Nitro Athletics is over, we have some real events finally downunder.

    ACT & SA Champs over this weekend.

    Kurtis Marshall was the star in Adelaide with a 5.70m PV qualifier for London.

    In Canberra, a bit of rain slowed the track a little but tailwinds most of the day helped the sprinters.

    Josh Clarke returned to the track with a decent 10.22 win in his heat but pulled out of the final won by Trae Williams in an equal PB 10.27. PNG record-holder Toea Wisil is in her best ever form and pipped AUS record-holder Mel Breen 11.29 to 11.33 in the women's 100. Michelle Jenneke (13.23) & Nick Hough (13.59) took out the sprint hurdles.

    Another hurdler, Lauren Wells, won the 400 in 52.97 and Chris Mitrevski (7.83m) won an entertaining LJ. Kelsey-Lee Roberts returned from injury to take out the javelin with 59.20m. High Jumper Joel Baden had three decent attempts at 2.30m but won at 2.20m.

    Heading down to see the 200m men & women in an hour or so. Cool but calm conditions at the moment but should warm up a little by the finals at around 1pm.

    Oh - and some indoor records for Zoe Buckman & Ryan Gregson overnight in the UK!

    ACT Results here - http://members.iinet.net.au/~actathl...pionships/Web/

    SA Results here -
    http://liveresults.com.au/Championships/

  • #2
    Today:

    200 hts: Gamble 20.61 (+0.9) Burns 20.88 (+2.7), Hartmann 21.19 (+1.4)
    200 f: Gamble 20.74 (-1.2) Hartmann 20.99 Williams 21.11
    TJ; Jones & Lorraway 1= 16.01m (+2.9)

    Women
    200 hts: Wisil PNG 23.23 NR (+0.6) Breen 23.59 (+1.3) Foster IRE 23.99 (+2.1)
    200 f: Wisil 23.44 (+1.1) Breen 23.61 Gross (b 01) 23.87

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post
      Today:

      200 hts: Gamble 20.61 (+0.9) Burns 20.88 (+2.7), Hartmann 21.19 (+1.4)
      200 f: Gamble 20.74 (-1.2) Hartmann 20.99 Williams 21.11
      TJ; Jones & Lorraway 1= 16.01m (+2.9)

      Women
      200 hts: Wisil PNG 23.23 NR (+0.6) Breen 23.59 (+1.3) Foster IRE 23.99 (+2.1)
      200 f: Wisil 23.44 (+1.1) Breen 23.61 Gross (b 01) 23.87
      I am guessing this must be the late Ken Lorraway's son

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
        I am guessing this must be the late Ken Lorraway's son
        Yes it is.

        Comment


        • #5
          Clarke's 10.22 was all the more impressive considering he stumbled a little at the start. Hopefully there was no injury-related reason for his no-show in the final. I was looking forward to seeing him run against Williams and thought they could push each other into the 10.1s on Saturday. Excellent early-season form for Wisil and Breen too and with Pearson and Nelson to come back into the mix, I can see a few of the women getting 100 and 200 WC qualifiers. Men's 400 looks dire at the moment but hopefully Stevens can build on his Nitro runs and get down to the 45.5s.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by typpo View Post
            Excellent early-season form for Wisil and Breen too and with Pearson and Nelson to come back into the mix, I can see a few of the women getting 100 and 200 WC qualifiers..
            And don't forget the wunderkind Riley Day!

            Originally posted by typpo View Post
            Men's 400 looks dire at the moment but hopefully Stevens can build on his Nitro runs and get down to the 45.5s.
            The cupboard does look pretty bare. Can't help but think Alex Hartman should consider stepping up.

            Comment


            • #7
              Danni Samuels (now Stevens) just opened her season in style:
              66.78 backed up by a 65.84
              (7th best comp of her career)

              Comment


              • #8
                Some PBs for decathlete Cedric Dubler at Qld champs:
                PV: 5.00m (up from 4.90)
                110mH: 14.13 (-1.7) (up from 14.25 (0.7))

                That's 48 pts improvement for this 8114 man

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AS View Post
                  Some PBs for decathlete Cedric Dubler at Qld champs:
                  PV: 5.00m (up from 4.90)
                  110mH: 14.13 (-1.7) (up from 14.25 (0.7))

                  That's 48 pts improvement for this 8114 man
                  Looking forward to seeing him improve his throws.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    1st day of Canberra's SUMMERofATHS Grand Prix was highlighted by some superb Japanese sprinting plus a big, big breakthrough from a 15yo female 800m runner.

                    Keely Small (born 9 jun 2001) broke the national u17 and u18 records with her 2:01.46. Fastest run by a youth in the world since 2013 (when Cain and Hinriksdottir were in full swing). PB by 3.5 secs.

                    The Japanese efforts in m100m were very solid (although this is a very fast, near altitude venue):

                    Men 100 Metre C race
                    (w: 1.3) Yamagata, Ryota, JPN, 10.06
                    Men 100 Metre Run B Race
                    (w: 1.4) Kiryu, Yoshihide, JPN, 10.04.
                    Men 100 Metre Run A Final
                    (w: -0.1) 1, Yamagata, Ryota, JPN, 10.08. 2. Kiryu, Yoshihide, JPN, 10.19.

                    Other results of note:
                    W400m Mitchell, Morgan, VIC, 51.65.
                    WDT Stevens, Dani, NSW, 64.79m (nee Samuels)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I saw the entry lists.
                      Sally Pearson vs Michelle Jenneke in the 100H!
                      With Pearson not yet "there" yet, maybe Jenneke could win!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by AS View Post
                        ..some superb Japanese sprinting ..
                        .. m100m were very solid (although this is a very fast, near altitude venue):

                        Men 100 Metre C race
                        (w: 1.3) Yamagata, Ryota, JPN, 10.06
                        Men 100 Metre Run B Race
                        (w: 1.4) Kiryu, Yoshihide, JPN, 10.04.
                        Men 100 Metre Run A Final
                        JPN 4x100 OG silver medalists, 1st and 3rd legs.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Great wake-up call for the overhyped male Aussie sprinters, who had their butts handed to them by Yamagata and Kiryu. Hopefully they can make amends in today's 200 and 4x1.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by typpo View Post
                            Great wake-up call for the overhyped male Aussie sprinters, who had their butts handed to them by Yamagata and Kiryu. Hopefully they can make amends in today's 200 and 4x1.
                            In fairness Clarke did get left in the blocks with Kiryu, something not quite right there. It would be great to see Clarke race a full season and make it oveseas as he appears to have the physical gifts to represent Australia internationally.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Speedster View Post
                              In fairness Clarke did get left in the blocks with Kiryu, something not quite right there. It would be great to see Clarke race a full season and make it oveseas as he appears to have the physical gifts to represent Australia internationally.
                              I was impressed with Trae Williams, he has a "McTear-esque" initial 50m.
                              Last edited by user4; 03-17-2017, 10:02 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X