Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That race was insane. She flew around lane 4. Note only Ottey, Privalova and Drechsler have run faster indoors.
    #4 performer and #9 performance all time....

Comment

Originally posted by 1runner1 View Post
      she looked great!! what will she run outdoors?
      About 21.98.

Being able to train with someone as talented as Cunliffe can only be a very good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by trackCanuck View Post
        About 21.98.

Being able to train with someone as talented as Cunliffe can only be a very good thing.
        I agree, but I want to see it first. Bianca Knight ran faster than SRR, Kimberlyn Duncan, VCB and Kerron Stewart indoors, yet all are significantly faster than her outdoors. And sub 22 is no joke.

Granted, Stevens is already an Olympic finalist with a 22.25 PB. And I actually think she can go 21.8x

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
          WHAT?!! 22.28 from Deajah Stevens??
          Easy come, easy go. DQ'd apparently
          There are no strings on me

Comment

Is it just me or is that guy's name just in times ? That's a little ironic that he races the clock.

Comment

Stevens has been DQed

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
                Easy come, easy go. DQ'd apparently
                Welp...Probably for stepping on the line on the 2nd bend, which I slightly suspected. In an interview I just saw, she even noted she was running on the other lane on the curve...

Comment

Slowmo Replay on ESPN showed her clearly stepping on the inside line on the 1st curve and not the 2nd.

Comment

What happened to Colby Gilbert in the 5000m? 14:20.58 and 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by trackCanuck View Post
                      About 21.98.

she will run faster than 21.98

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                        Slowmo Replay on ESPN showed her clearly stepping on the inside line on the 1st curve and not the 2nd.
                        I thought she might have stepped on the line half a dozen times in the first turn. Absolutely stupid running, there is no reason that she should be red-lining the curve and she did it the whole race (and went outside her lane after the first turn as well, I think). I was going to comment on her very likely up for DQ but was too busy with the meet and the Wisconsin BB game (and dinner).

It would be interesting to see what Oregon might do to the 4x200 record.

Comment

22.28 a new Collegiate Record (for the 199)

DMR spits, Jessica Harris, Notre Dame, 4:27 (after a 4:40 mile dnq)
                          Last edited by Bruce Kritzler; 03-11-2017, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
                            22.28 a new Collegiate Record (for the 199)

DMR spits, Jessica Harris, Notre Dame, 4:27 (after a 4:40 mile dnq)
                            Just saw that split---but I have a bit of doubt!
                            The 800 girl ran 2:15---while everyone else was way under 2:10---many at 2:05 or faster!
                            Was she that slow, and Harris that fast---OR---were the split times for ND messed up somehow??

Comment

Given that she was running on the line repeatedly across two curves, she would have to run about 40cms further out to avoid any chance of running 'short'. Thus, 40cm x 2pi implies that she raced 197.5m, which would have taken almost 0.3 more to run, so think of this as more than 22.5 for a performance level.

I did not get a clear view of the baton being dropped by Indiana on the wDMR; it is a shame because I really wanted to see Receveur race to the finish against the other gals.

Schweizer was really impressive. She must have had confidence because she had run the same two (Finn and Rohrer) down at the end of the NCAA XC race. And note of the three are seniors (the two seniors where 8th and 10th, the latter (Pratt) was a neighbor who ran over 10:40 for 3200 in high school).

Comment

The SEC grabbed 7 of the 8 spots in the men's 400 final.

Comment

Working...
                                X