X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aaronk
    replied
    Originally posted by bobguild76 View Post
    ^ ^ Amen to this. I love (for the most part) your passion and insight for athletics, aaronk. I would love to meet you someday, and just talk T&F for hours. It is tiresome though, when passion crosses the border to critical accusations. Even highly trained adults, at times, make mistakes.
    Oh, come on, admit it---you (& others here!) just like to criticize ME!!
    (LOL)
    But seriously, let's look at this for real!
    A woman (an athlete!) does something bad, and we can't criticize her??
    Because of her age?
    Because she's an Oregon Duck?
    Because she's female?

Men & Women drop batons, false start, behave like idiots, flaunt their bodies instead of their talents, under-perform for one reason or another (losing their team a meet, or....!!), and yes, run out of their lanes & get DQ'ed!

How many times has any or all of the above happened---to men or women, of any age, star power (or lack thereof)....and we have NOT been at least a little bit critical?

That said, I have no feelings, one way or the other, about Deajah Stevens!
    I DO have feelings about a----yes, I'll say it again!---stupid mistake costing an athlete not only a fantastic Collegiate Record, but losing her team a probable (if she ran as well in the final) 8 or 10 points!
    It could, and should, have been prevented
    (Especially her throwing all caution to the wind in a---heat!!)

But yes, maybe I went a bit overboard in my "vitriol"!
    Maybe I should have just smacked my head, and yelled at my 4 walls instead!!

I have no doubt Ms Stevens will be a MAJOR star in the future---starting this outdoor season!
    And be assured that with every great performance, I'll be thrilled, and will PRAISE her to the hilt!!

P.S. I don't travel anymore, and I don't have a phone!
    But I'd love to converse with you (and anyone!!!) about T&F---any time!!
    Via Skype, Facebook chat, PM's on Twitter!

(I "chat" with Tara Davis's dad on Twitter quite often!!)
    Last edited by aaronk; 03-12-2017, 05:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Its crazy to see that TA&M now has 7 of the top 10 NCAA 4x4 times. And they are all within the last 2 years...

Breaking a school record there wont mean much a few years after your gone...

Leave a comment:

• booond
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    Fastest split of the race goes to Grant Holloway on the second leg (44.81). Is this guy a stud muffin or what?
    Thought he was going to get hung up on the turn. He's a keeper.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Kritzler
    replied
    Just noticed that Tx AM had to disqualify Florida's Fusasi in the 400m to win the meet. Dejavu all over again (usually they dq the 4x4).

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Fastest split of the race goes to Grant Holloway on the second leg (44.81). Is this guy a stud muffin or what?

Leave a comment:

• booond
    replied
    Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
    The final leg for Florida was only 46.70, although I suspect that he gave up about .30 or so at the end after being passed. MK did not even have the fastest at 45.39, which was 0.10 slower than Alabama.
    Kerley was in a different race than the Bama anchor.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    The final leg for Florida was only 46.70, although I suspect that he gave up about .30 or so at the end after being passed. MK did not even have the fastest at 45.39, which was 0.10 slower than Alabama.

Leave a comment:

• booond
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post
    One of the greatest finishes I have ever seen to an NCAA meet. Mylik Kerley will be a Texas A&M legend after that anchor leg.
    He ran with great intelligence.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    One of the greatest finishes I have ever seen to an NCAA meet. Mylik Kerley will be a Texas A&M legend after that anchor leg.

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    Who knew? you can't quite win an NCAA meet with one guy. Heck of a try though for Cheserek. Actually quite an amazing career for this young man.

Looks like Oregon men will have a serious rebuilding year next year.

Leave a comment:

• booond
    replied
    Great 4x400 final. Poor Ryan Clark hung out to dry.

Leave a comment:

• Alan Shank
    replied
    Texas A&M wins the 4X4 (pending any protest).
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

Leave a comment:

• cubehead
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    crappy indoor conditions though. From the bottom of the results page:

<<light rain, 64F, wind 9mph>>

:-)
    Yes nice indoors....But the place has such an antiseptic feel to it. A meet in an airplane hangar...I don't think Cobo Hall was like this.

Leave a comment:

• Alan Shank
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    The young lady will be gutted as it probably cost ZuO the team championship. But she doesn't need her face rubbed in it with insensitive outbursts like yours.
    UO is miles ahead in the women's scoring. No worries there.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

Leave a comment:

• Alan Shank
    replied
    Originally posted by booond View Post
    They've been added
    Not when I wrote that, however. Now OU has 38, others 37.5 and 36, but Ducks have no 4x4; if both T A&M and Florida are DQ'd, Oregon wins! >:-)
    Alan Shank

Leave a comment:

Working...
X