Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GleasonTom
    replied
    Grant Holloway could win both hurdles and run on both winning relays if the schedule for NCAA finals were changed. St is now after 1500. It should be before 5000 to allow 20 minutes more rest before 4x400 for 800/400H/200 finalists.
    Last edited by GleasonTom; 04-04-2017, 10:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GleasonTom
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Say what? Mary D had enough problems with one event.
    Her main problem was running heats, semis and finals of both the 3000 and 1500 at OT. Ashley Spencer was third at 400H in Rio because 400/400H double at OT was possible.
    Last edited by GleasonTom; 04-04-2017, 10:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    I'm predicting (watch out) that the 2020 U.S. Olympic Trials will be in either Eugene or Mt. SAC (Southern California). With Eugene hosting the 2021 World Championships with a brand new stadium, it seems logical that they would host the Olympic Trials as a "tune-up" for the World Championships, but watch out for Mt. SAC. Mt. SAC is currently in the process of building a brand new stadium and the last time Southern California had the Olympic Trials was 1984 and that track is long gone.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by GleasonTom View Post
    Thanks for the update. It is never too early to prevent errors. In 1984 Mary Decker Slaney was unable to repeat her 1500/3000 wins at WC.
    Say what? Mary D had enough problems with one event.

Leave a comment:

• GleasonTom
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    we don't even know wehre the meet will be yet let alone the schedule!
    Thanks for the update. It is never too early to prevent errors. In 1984 Mary Decker Slaney was unable to repeat her 1500/3000 wins at WC. In 2008 Bernad Lagat was unable to repeat his 1500/5000 wins at WC. IMHO both of those situations were caused by excessive races at OT.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by GleasonTom View Post
    I agree. His 60 HH win means that he has potential to win 110 HH in Tokyo. His 44.81 bodes well for 400 IH. Will the 2020 schedule at OT allow such a double?
    we don't even know wehre the meet will be yet let alone the schedule!

Leave a comment:

• GleasonTom
    replied
    Fred Kerley may be the next great U.S. quarter miler. I looked forward to nothing in the 2017 season. I was wrong.
    Last edited by GleasonTom; 03-19-2017, 12:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GleasonTom
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    Fastest split of the race goes to Grant Holloway on the second leg (44.81). Is this guy a stud muffin or what?
    I agree. His 60 HH win means that he has potential to win 110 HH in Tokyo. His 44.81 bodes well for 400 IH. Will the 2020 schedule at OT allow such a double?

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post
    Possible that Gayle would have finished with a better time/place had Fasasi not impeded him. Yes, a lot more contact in the other races, but it was still contact and he was not clear to cut into lane 1 ahead of Gayle when he did.
    Didn't he push him as well? Seemed like a clear DQ to me and I'm a Gator fan (in T&F).

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree. Much more contact in m800 and wmile. Think Fasasi may have been only person in meet dq'ed for contact. Contact did not change results of race as AL athlete beat Fasasi in the end.
    Possible that Gayle would have finished with a better time/place had Fasasi not impeded him. Yes, a lot more contact in the other races, but it was still contact and he was not clear to cut into lane 1 ahead of Gayle when he did.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Kritzler
    replied
    Originally posted by MinerAggie View Post
    Texas A&M had literally nothing to do with that DQ, either during or after that race. No question they were the beneficiary though.
    I suspect 50% of officials were from Texas AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Kritzler
    replied
    Originally posted by DJG
    Just saw the replay of that men's 400 final and the DQ was absolutely warranted. No question.
    I have to respectfully disagree. Much more contact in m800 and wmile. Think Fasasi may have been only person in meet dq'ed for contact. Contact did not change results of race as AL athlete beat Fasasi in the end.

Leave a comment:

• MinerAggie
    replied
    Texas A&M had literally nothing to do with that DQ, either during or after that race. No question they were the beneficiary though.

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    You might have a point. I recall the 2010 NCAA Outdoors in Eugene where the home team ran stride for stride down the homestretch on the final leg of the 4x400 to edge out a challenger in a photo finish to the deafening roar of the crowd, but that didn't win them the team title. I also recall meets such as 2012 NCAA Outdoors, where a team came from behind on the anchor leg of the 4x400 to clinch the team title, but they didn't do it at home. And at the 2002 NCAA Outdoors, LSU clinched the team with the 4x400 at home, but the race was someone anti-climatic since they went into it with the lead and didn't need to win it in order to clinch the title (they placed 3rd). Yesterday's 4x400 combined all three elements of drama.
    Even as a Duck fan and no fan of Pat Henry, it was really exciting to see a team whom the prognosticators picked a distant 3rd (at best) in the team race come back and win it at home. Lots of joy in Aggieland last night.

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave View Post
    Who knew? you can't quite win an NCAA meet with one guy. Heck of a try though for Cheserek. Actually quite an amazing career for this young man.

Looks like Oregon men will have a serious rebuilding year next year.
    Absolutely. Exactly two points will be returning in individual events.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X