X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by exdrake View Post
    Runners lapped? Will it not just be the 3 racers plus rabbits?
    Don't know. However, if the organisers are smart (and I am sure they are way more than just smart) they should have a field of the 10 to 20 best runners in the world and say another 20 to 30 runners who will likely run in the 2:10 to 2:15 region, as the slowest of these runners will start to be lapped just before half way. And from that point on there will always be likely someone within eyesight for the leaders to chase.

And it would make such great TV viewing. With the America's Cup,they had TV graphics where they were able to make what is a really boring event that no-one could see because it was hel;d out in the ocean, into something quite exciting.

Leave a comment:

• exdrake
    replied
    Runners lapped? Will it not just be the 3 racers plus rabbits?

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    started a topic Monza2 - all engines will be firing

Monza2 - all engines will be firing

An exciting concept and if marketed right, which I am sure it will be given the event belongs to Nike, it will attract a live TV audience in the hundreds of millions. Having the race on the Monza track is a brilliant idea as it means the event is perfectly set up to maximise not only performance but also as a sports entertainment event.

And with a lap being 2.4km then even the leaders will have something to chase as runners start to get lapped.

And if the conditions are right I would expect a time under 2:01. How gar under? that will be the multi million dollar question.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎