Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
    Simpson & Rowbury both have potential to run around 14:20---or at least faster than 14:25.
    14:20? Rowbury would have to displace around 150 performances on the all time list to do that. Simpson has barely ducked under 15 minutes and has a 3000 best of 8:29. What you been smokin?

Comment

I don't think it's disrespect, just general utter cluelessness on certain poster's part (with no insight into same).

I'm glad I re-read previous page of this thread--I don't think I caught Laura Muir's entry in this race on first read through. Wow.

As I posted on whichever thread was re what we were all looking forward to/anticipating in upcoming outdoor season...for me it's the continued development, hopefully of L. Muir and Clayton Murphy and each appears to be ready to not disappoint.

Comment

Thompson vs. Schippers vs. Felix vs. Bowie in the 200m!

I suspect at least one will pull out between now and then, but that's a crazy line-up!

http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/3...c-200.html.csp

Comment

You can check on the meet's entry lists as they currently stand at this link (mute your machine!) http://eugene.diamondleague.com/program_results_eugene/

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
            You can check on the meet's entry lists as they currently stand at this link (mute your machine!) http://eugene.diamondleague.com/program_results_eugene/
            Thanks!
            I thought I saw Flotrack (or??) say Alexa Efraimson was in the 1500?
            Is she in the "other" 1500---which doesn't show the entry list yet?

Also missing--for whatever reason--are---
            Jordon Geist from the SP!
            Would love to see him go against the Pro's--his 68-4 from INdoors makes him competitive!

Sydney McLaughlin in the 400H.
            Of course, she's said she won't run in London, but this is Pre, not USATF.

Brigetta Barrett.
            She's on the path to a full comeback (6-3.25 best this year), so should be in the HJ field!

Am a BIT surprised to see Russian Sergey Shubenkov in the 110H.
            If HE's allowed, why not HJ'er Mariya Kuchina, who went over 6-8 INdoors??

And it's MONDO vs the World!!
            Whoooo Boy!!!!

Comment

Russians competing are allowed based on testing, not on the marks that they have put up in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post

I suspect at least one will pull out between now and then, but that's a crazy line-up!
                Why do you think one will pull out? And which one? ET & DS seem prepared to race each other whatever block of training they are in or anywhere in the season (unlike the men) - look how well they all raced at last years meet (minus Felix) when Bowie won; look at how ET was prepared for a right thrashing by Schippers in Oslo (21.93 v 22.64) when in heavy training, and look how they faced each other in Zurich (and Brussels the year before) immediately post Championships. I think if anyone will pull out, it will be Felix or Bowie.

Lane draw for this race will be very interesting and may be a small factor. So far this season all four women look good. Thompson looks the best overall; that fantastic indoor 60m, her windy 100 in Jamaica where she looked sooooo smooth, and then her easy World Relay runs. Schippers is looking a bit heavy for me so far, she looks to have been working hard with the weights. I thought her first 50m in her 10.95 and World relay legs looked hard work, and she looks to be relying on power to race through the end. 200 is her best distance though. I haven't seen any of Felix's relay legs but she had a great split in the 4x4 and, as ever, looked smooth. Bowie's 10.80w looked very easy too. Come a few weeks from now and they're all be that wee bit sharper. On the face of it, though, one would say ET for the win, but who knows what training block she will be in a month.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                  Russians competing are allowed based on testing, not on the marks that they have put up in Russia.
                  Kuchina is now eligible to compete internationally as well.
                  Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                    How many athletes have run 14:20?
                    Just four: Tirunesh Dibaba, Almaz Ayana, Meseret Defar and Genzebe Dibaba. It's hard to see the Americans in the same category.
                    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post

http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/3...c-200.html.csp
                      And Ta Lou as well...not sure what sort of shape she will be in, but that's #1-4 from Rio + Felix and Prandini. Damn!

Comment

I think Bobby Kersee will use allysons star power to ensure she has lane 5/6 on this one, so dafne, Elaine and tori will need to take the remainder between 4-7. Shouldn't be an issue tho.

My money is on Felix for this. She seems to have decided to make a claim for the 200m crown again this year, and when her back has been against the wall at eugene in the past she has shown some of her best ever form to come through.

I have a feeling Elaine might not be training as hard for the 200m this year, her priority will be to finally go well under 10.70

Dafne wants to go under 10.80

Bowie isn't as strong over 200m

I just wish we could see miller here to really shake things up

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriella2 View Post
                          Why do you think one will pull out? And which one?
                          Two reasons:

(1) It's almost too good to be true, especially so early in the season.
                          (2) If Felix isn't in shape for a 22.2 or better, Kersee might sideline her. For Felix to be trounced on US soil isn't a good look for "the most decorated female athlete in USATF history".

And reason #2 answers your second question.

Originally posted by Liuxuan_rol View Post
                          I think Bobby Kersee will use allysons star power to ensure she has lane 5/6 on this one, so dafne, Elaine and tori will need to take the remainder between 4-7. Shouldn't be an issue tho.
                          He wouldn't be Bobby Kersee if he didn't at least try that.

Originally posted by Liuxuan_rol View Post
                          My money is on Felix for this. She seems to have decided to make a claim for the 200m crown again this year, and when her back has been against the wall at eugene in the past she has shown some of her best ever form to come through.

I have a feeling Elaine might not be training as hard for the 200m this year, her priority will be to finally go well under 10.70

Dafne wants to go under 10.80

Bowie isn't as strong over 200m

I just wish we could see miller here to really shake things up
                          I think Miller is in good enough shape right now that she would've spoiled the party for the three Rio medallists, and Felix!

Comment

Working...
                          X