Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good grief! Just take 215.99 x 1.08 = 232.91.
    Your first post on this seemed to be mixing apples (1500) time with oranges (Mile).
    "The translation is more like 3:35.5, not 3:52."
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

I don't know if I started this, but when I converted Kerr's 3:35.99 1500 using the Big Gold Book, I extrapolated it to a 3:52 mile(the book only lists 3:35.7 and 3:36.2). I will confess to mistakenly using the 1600 mark vs the mile mark, so the real time would be right around 3:53. Not sure how everything got turned upside down on this post.

Comment

I think what you meant to say was that:

The translation is more like 3:53.27, not 3:52

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
          I think what you meant to say was that:

The translation is more like 3:53.27, not 3:52

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
            Oh no Master. I must raise the flag of nationalism again.

Point 1. NZ is ahead at each ranking, that is, our first is faster than their first, as is our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th.

Point 2. For this decade I think Willis is faster than anything the Scots have come up with.

Point 3. Kerr is a great talent and I would celebrate him taking Scotland ahead of Willis if it so comes to pass
            You are correct on all counts. I phrased everything carefully to give deserved credit to Scotland, without pointing out Kiwi superiority, just using them as a yardstick.

In other words, I avoided letting my national bias intrude. The maternal side of my family tree goes back well into the 1800s in NZL, not as far as yours, but a ways back. I visited the country 3 years before you were born. In 1962 my grandfather sent me a copy of Run to the Top, which I have used for training for over 50 years.

I noted, but did not post, that one of my heroes, Peter Snell, has fallen to 15th on the NZL list. Who is 15th on Scotland's?

If I ever get down there to hike the Milford Track, maybe we can meet on our shared birthday.
            Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

Working...
            X