Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another CR for Oregon women's 4x1

Originally posted by KenStone View Post
    If the gods allow, I'll cover Mondo's vaults via FB Live on Saturday afternoon:
    https://www.facebook.com/kenneth.stone.3154

Also other events.

I'll take backup power for my iPhone.

K E N
    The women's 4x100 should be fast.

Damn Oregon 42.12 LSU 42.14.... wow shakey hand offs may see sub 42 by ncaas
    Last edited by DCSIGMA; 04-15-2017, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DCSIGMA View Post
      Damn Oregon 42.12 LSU 42.14.... wow shake hand offs may see sub 42 by ncaas
      That makes the all-time 10 best schools list look like this:

42.12 Oregon 4/15/17
      42.14 LSU 4/15/17
      42.36 Texas A&M 6/12/09
      42.72 Florida 5/16/15
      42.76 Texas 6/05/98
      42.83 South Carolina # 6/13/03
      42.85 Kentucky 5/16/15
      42.90 USC # 6/11/16
      42.94 Florida State 6/04/83
      43.15 UCF # 6/05/13

Comment

I really thought LSU had oregon...

Comment

LSU is the big shocker!
          UO had been there & done that.
          Plus, they had certified BIG Wheels in Cunliffe, Stevens & Washington!

But LSU shattered their School record dating from 1989---when Dawn Sowell ran for them!!

Comment

another CR for Oregon women's 4x1

(split off from Mt. SAC thread)

Comment

Originally posted by DCSIGMA View Post
              Damn Oregon 42.12 LSU 42.14.... wow shakey hand offs may see sub 42 by ncaas
              At the NCAAs, their top sprinters will presumably be running individual events as well, and that could affect their relay times.

Comment

actually, schedule is good for maximal 4x1; it's the individual races that might be compromised. Remember, they don't run at all on Friday (heats on Thursday). Here's Saturday:

3:32............4 x 100 f
                4:22................. 100 f
                5:07................. 200 f

Comment

Counting the GDR and the reunified Germany, Russia and the Soviet Union, there are 12 nations with a better national record than 42.12.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                    LSU is the big shocker!
                    UO had been there & done that.
                    Plus, they had certified BIG Wheels in Cunliffe, Stevens & Washington!

But LSU shattered their School record dating from 1989---when Dawn Sowell ran for them!!
                    It shouldn't have been a shocker to anyone who's been paying attention. They put five people into the SEC Indoor 60m final, and the slowest they've run this year was 43.12 in their outdoor opener. I've always felt the record was soft, even after Oregon ran 42.34, but now it's getting closer in quality to TCU's men's record of 38.04. Assuming both teams get to NCAA's healthy, I wouldn't be surprised to see a sub-42 race, and don't count Texas A&M out either. A major factor in how they approach the final will be who's still in the hunt for the team title. Would Oregon risk stretching the zone in the final if 8 points is good enough to keep them in the driver's seat while 0 points would all but eliminate them?

EDIT: After the watching the video, I'm certain that both teams are capable of running sub-42 since LSU lost time with an early 1st exchange and Oregon lost time with an early 3rd exchange. Both teams were solid on the other two exchanges.
                    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 04-16-2017, 01:14 AM.

Comment

I am glad that they will be coming to Penn Relays...their stiffest competition will be UTECH from jamaica...since many of the SEC schools won't be there.

Comment

I'll bet the winning time at the SEC Relays will be faster than the winning time at Penn if it doesn't rain.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                          EDIT: After the watching the video, I'm certain that both teams are capable of running sub-42 since LSU lost time with an early 1st exchange and Oregon lost time with an early 3rd exchange. Both teams were solid on the other two exchanges.
                          I wonder what they could have done at Clermont? 41.5??

Comment

Originally posted by trackCanuck View Post
                            Counting the GDR and the reunified Germany, Russia and the Soviet Union, there are 12 nations with a better national record than 42.12.
                            The Ducks would have placed 5th at last year's Olympics. Now that's astonishing.

Comment

As would LSU (all they all Americans?).

Comment

Working...
                              X