• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master403
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post
    What was/is the rule for nation change?
    I started a new thread on IAAF Transfer of Allegiance. We seem to have passed outside the zone on this topic.

Leave a comment:

• LopenUupunut
    replied
    Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
    The Ducks would have placed 5th at last year's Olympics. Now that's astonishing.
    The astonishing thing is that they'd have only placed 5th with that time; in almost any other OG or WC that would have been a medal time, and in 2008 it would have won gold even before the Russian DQ.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman View Post
    But she did actually represent the US. (See the Paul Merca article cited by gh.)
    What was/is the rule for nation change?

I think of Regina George who represented USA at world Juniors in 2010 but then within 2 years represented Nigeria from London 2012 to present.

Is representation as a youth/junior different than the senior level? Also I'm not actually clear on the nation change rules than may, or may not, have been updated recently.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    She probably counts as both American and Italian until she actually represents one of them.
    But she did actually represent the US. (See the Paul Merca article cited by gh.)

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    an exploration of the Cunliffe situation from a year ago (and with the current IAAF stance on nation-change, she's probably locked in as an American for the foreseeable future):

http://paulmerca.blogspot.com/2016/0...ent-italy.html

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    As I said earlier, don't count Texas A&M out because while LSU and Oregon occupy five of the top seven spots on the 100 performance list, the Aggies occupy three of the top seven spots on the 200 performance list. Let's see what happens at the SEC Relays two weeks from now.

Leave a comment:

• AyZiggy
    replied
    At the great risk of derailing the discussion in a way I don't want it to go, this is possibly the biggest thing that irks me about the national affiliation thing. You can choose to compete for a nation in which you have never resided.

Anyway, looks like I'm going to the NCAAs this June and this race is circled in red on my paper copy of the meet schedule. It's going to be great fun to watch.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    She probably counts as both American and Italian until she actually represents one of them. Her most certain path to competing in the Olympics is as an Italian. Her most certain path to a medal is on the US relay team

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    No, she never competed for Italy and at this point she's certainly good enough to make the American team for London. Perhaps if she doesn't, then she could offer her services to Italy, but for now she would count as an American in the relay.
    Last edited by bruce3404; 04-16-2017, 05:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Has Cunliffe ever competed at a world level representing a different country? If not, then she counts as an American in a relay.
    There was talk of her wanting to run for Italy, but I don't think anything ever came of it!

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Has Cunliffe ever competed at a world level representing a different country? If not, then she counts as an American in a relay.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    All of LSU's runners are American, but there's been some questions about Cunliffe. By the way, six of the eight runners ran open 100's afterwards:
    • Stevens - 11.00
      Washington - 11.06
      Johnson - 11.09
      Brisco - 11.14
      Hobbs - 11.18
      Martin - 11.45

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    As would LSU (all they all Americans?).

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    Originally posted by trackCanuck View Post
    Counting the GDR and the reunified Germany, Russia and the Soviet Union, there are 12 nations with a better national record than 42.12.
    The Ducks would have placed 5th at last year's Olympics. Now that's astonishing.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    EDIT: After the watching the video, I'm certain that both teams are capable of running sub-42 since LSU lost time with an early 1st exchange and Oregon lost time with an early 3rd exchange. Both teams were solid on the other two exchanges.
    I wonder what they could have done at Clermont? 41.5??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X