• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    gh
    Administrator

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by aaronk View Post
    Cunliffe is turning into a big meet wash-out!
    Even if it's due solely to injuries or niggles, they seem to happen at the worst times!!

I'm a fan, but this is becoming a habit!
    Only problem with your scenario is that Cunliffe was hurt all spring and didn't run a 100 or 200 before the Pac-12

Leave a comment:

• _Jay

• _Jay
    replied
    Well, according to the results it looks like USC is DQ'ed as well. 🤦🏽

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404

• bruce3404
    replied
    Originally posted by CoachPartridge View Post
    With her out in the 100,200 and now 4x1 being a dq, what does that do to their chances against Arkansas?
    It certainly tightens up the team race and the "greatest team of all time" will have to perform in Eugene or risk losing a title. If you believe Pfeiffer, the battle is between Oregon and USC, with Arkansas and Georgia lurking.

Leave a comment:

• booond

• booond
    replied
    Originally posted by CoachPartridge View Post
    With her out in the 100,200 and now 4x1 being a dq, what does that do to their chances against Arkansas?
    Makes it less comfortable, for sure.

Leave a comment:

• ATK

• ATK
    replied
    While Oregon got hit with a DQ, LSU continues to impress with a 42.32. Kentucky also improves on its all time best with a 42.79

Leave a comment:

• CoachPartridge

• CoachPartridge
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aaronk

• aaronk
    replied
    Cunliffe is turning into a big meet wash-out!
    Even if it's due solely to injuries or niggles, they seem to happen at the worst times!!

I'm a fan, but this is becoming a habit!

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
    OTOH, she didn't at all look like she was hurt, coasting to the line to win her heat with the 5th fastest time of the day. Pointswise, Pfeiffer only gave her 3 points in the open events, so not a game breaker for Duck chances, but nonetheless sad that such a talented athlete might not run at all in the championships, depending on the extent of the injury.
    This might not hurt the Ducks' title hopes but it's the 4x100 I'm worried about.

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404

• bruce3404
    replied
    OTOH, she didn't at all look like she was hurt, coasting to the line to win her heat with the 5th fastest time of the day. Pointswise, Pfeiffer only gave her 3 points in the open events, so not a game breaker for Duck chances, but nonetheless sad that such a talented athlete might not run at all in the championships, depending on the extent of the injury.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post
    Cunliffe a DNS in the women's 100 QF could be a game changer for the relay...
    Damn. The LSU fan in me is relieved but the track fan in me is sad.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235

• 26mi235
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post
    If she wasn't looking good in the open, will she be good enough to keep pace in a potential sub 42 race?
    Sorry, I really missed that one, I should have merely said that she was merely at 11.06 while her teammates ran 10.97/11.00, but they both had much stronger wind (5.2 vs 2.7), so she actually had the best mark in the 100 first round.

Leave a comment:

• ATK

• ATK
    replied
    If she wasn't looking good in the open, will she be good enough to keep pace in a potential sub 42 race?

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235

• 26mi235
    replied
    She can still run the relay and they might have had her pull out for that reason, as they are likely to have a lot of points. She did not look that good in the first round.

Leave a comment:

• ATK

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    The results of the women's 100 regional prelims in both the East (LSU - 1, 4, 5, 6) and the West (Oregon - 1, 2, 5) further fuels the drama of the much anticipated NCAA women's 4x100 showdown. A few years ago, the IAAF decided to close out the World Championships with the men's 4x100 instead of the traditional men's 4x400 in order to take advantage of Usain Bolt's popularity. I know it won't happen, but this would be a great year for the NCAA to adopt this schedule change. I think there's a real possibility that a team can run sub-42 and go home empty-handed. Imagine that!
    Cunliffe a DNS in the women's 100 QF could be a game changer for the relay...

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    The results of the women's 100 regional prelims in both the East (LSU - 1, 4, 5, 6) and the West (Oregon - 1, 2, 5) further fuels the drama of the much anticipated NCAA women's 4x100 showdown. A few years ago, the IAAF decided to close out the World Championships with the men's 4x100 instead of the traditional men's 4x400 in order to take advantage of Usain Bolt's popularity. I know it won't happen, but this would be a great year for the NCAA to adopt this schedule change. I think there's a real possibility that a team can run sub-42 and go home empty-handed. Imagine that!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X