Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-year suspension for Brianna Rollins

3 whereabouts failures... got a reduced sentence.

statement from her camp to be posted to home page shortly.

Oh shit!!

Comment

She passed 8 out of 12 tests. I have faith she's clean. It's all that matters.

Comment

Saw on Twitter that 2 of her missed tests were on days she got some major award and on the day she visited the White House!!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
          Saw on Twitter that 2 of her missed tests were on days she got some major award and on the day she visited the White House!!
          Those were events that she knew of in advance, so why didn't she simply update her whereabouts to indicate the locations of those events on the given dates?

Comment

I'm a bit confused.
            So your not supposed to list more than one place as your "whereabouts".

So who is really at fault? Rollins for actually listing her "whereabouts" or the program for even making it possible to list more than one place as your "whereabouts"?

Granted I understand that confusion accounted for (at least) one missed test.

Comment

Sad for Rollins, but I have a feeling that the odds of a USA sweep in London are unchanged by this news.

Comment

An athlete experiences confusion as to the workings of the whereabouts requirements and will lose a year of competition. I wonder if athletes have access to written instructions provided by governing bodies that clearly set out what is expected of them.

Comment

Considering 1000s of athletes around the world have to provide whereabouts info and Rollins seems to be the only "confused" athlete, i doubt there is a problem with the procedure. Also i do wonder how often she failed to enter her info correctly, statistically it's very unlikely that the three tests would fall exactly on the three times she failed to update her info.

Comment

I know nothing about drug testing protocol and agree that an athlete subject to random out of competition testing should be informed and adhere to proper procedure... but this seems like overkill.
                    Just my uninformed opinion.

Comment

It's funny how a rule is set in place for a particular purpose and when someone falls foul of that rule and is sanctioned so many are quick to defend that person's actions and seem set to forgive and assume their innocence. All professional athletes are fully aware of the whereabouts rule and know that if they don't abide by it they can get into trouble. Why not go the other way and assume that not adhering to the whereabouts rule indicates something to hide. A similar argument frequently happens when athletes are caught for PED's - toothpaste, sex the night before, not checking the over the counter medicine contents, etc.

Comment

There is a mobile app you can use to update whereabouts as well. Simply no excuse for not doing it. Don't care how many tests you've passed over any # of years. How many times are they going to trot out that tired a$$ excuse that no one believes anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by MJR View Post
                          There is a mobile app you can use to update whereabouts as well. Simply no excuse for not doing it. Don't care how many tests you've passed over any # of years. How many times are they going to trot out that tired a$$ excuse that no one believes anymore?
                          But she DID update her whereabouts. She actually provided 2 possible locations. I dont know how the whereabouts work, but The questions and issues I have are:

1- If you can get banned for listing more than one location as your whereabouts, why is there an option that allows you to do so in the program/app?

2- I can understand the issue with an athlete listing 10 different places as their location, but 2 places (even 3) as your possible location in one day is not possible?
                          If she only listed the track meet as he location and the meet was cancelled due to bad weather so she goes home, does that count as a whereabout failure? Or can athletes update their location on the fly (that would present issues with gaming the system though)?

I have more confusion than sympathy though. Rollins has been pro and top of the world for almost 4 years now so this shouldn't necessarily be a new process for her.

Comment

Enjoy your vacation Brianna, the other girls have got this ��

Comment

Especially the multiple sites when one is a track meet. Of course, that leaves the earlier two ...

Comment

Working...
                              X