Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Conor Dary; there is an expression from physics that this reminds me of. I think your post is Not Even Wrong.

As for Ingrid being diminished by the lack of a title; there was a lack of opportunity. How long was it before there was a 10,000 or even a 5000m event for her to win. The number of marathons is small and there were multiple stars in that first OG 84.
    There really wasn't a lack opportunity while she was at her peak. There was a marathon at global level from '83 onwards. She only took part in one global championship marathon and came 4th behind 3 of the all time greats I would place above her.

Greta is the pioneer, Joan has the times and the OG, Rosa has ALL the titles but not the times, Paula is the game changer with a global title, even Catherine overshadows Ingrid with 2 world titles, 3 silver medals at global level and a WR.
    i deserve extra credit

Comment

When I think of Christiansen, a nice lady I got to know slightly in Boulder 30 years ago, I don't think of her as one of the great marathoners. But rather one of the all time best all around female distance runners. Track, cross country roads. Her best distance was the 10,000. Her 30:13 from 30 years ago is still phenomenal now.

She didn't really look comfortable in a marathon. Chicago 1985 is the prime example. Benoit is completely focused while Christiansen looks distracted.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
        When I think of Christiansen, a nice lady I got to know slightly in Boulder 30 years ago, I don't think of her as one of the great marathoners. But rather one of the all time best all around female distance runners. Track, cross country roads. Her best distance was the 10,000. Her 30:13 from 30 years ago is still phenomenal now.

She didn't really look comfortable in a marathon. Chicago 1985 is the prime example. Benoit is completely focused while Christiansen looks distracted.
        I dont thinkmshe was distracted earlier in the year when she was comfortable enough to run 2.21.06 a WR that lasted for 13 years.

She is definitely one of the great marathoners. In fact I'd have her in 6th behind the ladies I've already mentioned.
        i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy View Post
          I dont thinkmshe was distracted earlier in the year when she was comfortable enough to run 2.21.06 a WR that lasted for 13 years.

She is definitely one of the great marathoners. In fact I'd have her in 6th behind the ladies I've already mentioned.
          Indeed...she could run on her own well in marathons...Also London 1988. I've watched the wonderful 1985 Chicago race, a race I was at the finish line watching, several times watching her and Benoit compete and noticing the difference in concentration. A great dual along with Jonesy's incredible solo run that day.

And I agree with your assessment.

Comment

Working...
          X