Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    I love the hammer. My dream before the next NZ Masters season is to execute 3 turns without falling over. And getting to 40m
    To see a good technician in action, is one of the best things in TF. From the old days Zsivotzky, or later on Syedikh/Litvinov.

Comment

I love the hammer. My dream before the next NZ Masters season is to execute 3 turns without falling over. And getting to 40m
      A more noble dream might be to simply execute this awful event without hurting yourself or maiming a bystander.

Comment

Stop the madness !!!.. actually if we must have such an event increase the weight such that the distance is at most 100 ft.

Comment

Originally posted by user4 View Post
          Stop the madness !!!.. actually if we must have such an event increase the weight such that the distance is at most 100 ft.
          exactly...we already have it!! 56 pound wt. throw

Comment

Well, javelin's gotta go, too, then. And the discus. And better get rid of the shot put. All have killed.

Voila! Track meets just got shorter!

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
              The hammer is one of the best events in track and field. Safety procedures have to be followed. The discus is much more dangerous.
              I remember reading the news where somebody got impaled by a javelin. And lived.

This is why I think the hammer and javelin were kept out of the New York City PSAL (and if my memory is not too foggy, the CHSAA as well) for so very long.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                Well, javelin's gotta go, too, then. And the discus. And better get rid of the shot put. All have killed.

Voila! Track meets just got shorter!
                And the pole vault. Bring back the somersault

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post
                  I remember reading the news where somebody got impaled by a javelin. And lived.

This is why I think the hammer and javelin were kept out of the New York City PSAL (and if my memory is not too foggy, the CHSAA as well) for so very long.
                  That was France's Salim Sdiri who was impaled by Tero Pitkamaki of Finland in 2007 in Rome

Comment

Not a good time for sarcasm Bill.

A friend of mine was killed 18 months ago when he took his eye off the thrower (shot) and bent down to pick up the shot he thrown moments earlier. He was standing just outside the sector and the shot ht him in the head as he was bent down.
                    I saw an official from my area (very experienced) narrowly miss a shot put that was thrown by a competitor when the event had not yet begun (nor was it warm-up time). The official went out to rake some of the previous divots out of the sand in anticipation of the next group. One of the decathletes stepped up, and took a throw. I was too far away to have done anything but watch the shot sail OVER the official and land past him.

Comment

Working...
                    X