Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next time this mixed race is run again ( and I for one hope it returns next year) perhaps all the critics should focus on this type of race as a TEAM event, rather than the INDIVIDUAL runners, and who they are running against in each leg. In tennis, during mixed-doubles, it is not unheard of for a male server to serve in excess of 125 mph to a female receiver. I don't think anyone is complaining about the inferiorty of the female receiver if she can't return those serves or groundstrokes. Again, it is the TEAM result that matters.

Comment

They use this relay in the WYC (WJr?), although I am not sure that championship is on the schedule anymore.

Comment

The mixed gender relay, depending on your point of view, is an amusing/embarrassing/disgusting novelty.. to have any significance, each leg should be same gender.
        Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
          They use this relay in the WYC (WJr?), although I am not sure that championship is on the schedule anymore.
          World youth (now called U18 champs). The first time they ran it was in 2015. It is on the schedule for the 2017 edition as the final event. But note that this is the only relay that is run in the entire meet.

Comment

Working...
          X