Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drake 2017

It seems like it is time for a thread; Penn Relays could be added but might be better to keep them separate. The biggest news so far from competition is that Morris won the Capital Vault at 4.72 (15'5.75") and Kendricks at 5.70/18'8.25". Kendricks made that height and does not have anything higher listed; not sure if he has stopped for has not yet taken his next vault, although it has been there for a bit.

Morris wins the Elite vault at 4.72 and then misses at 4.86/15'11.25" Newman and Hixson made 4.65 15'5

Barrett is clean through 1.81/5'11.25 (as are 3 others with 2 others also in still).

[got interrupted so now this is final]
    Barrett made 1.81 and Spencer won at 1.91
    26mi235
    Last edited by 26mi235; 04-29-2017, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Nbcsn should have televised drake this evening not penn

Comment

L. Merritt wins m440 45.41...K. James 46.21

Comment

Originally posted by 1runner1 View Post
          L. Merritt wins m440 45.41...K. James 46.21
          Note that James was 6th. Norwood and McQuay were not too far behind Merritt with 45.68 and 45.89 respectively

Comment

Spencer goes down in 400H, appears to be relatively ok.

Raining and 42°. I understand they're pros, but at some point discretion has to be the better part of valor, especially for sprinters in those conditions.
            There are no strings on me

Comment

McLeod 13.04/1.8 (and 13.24 for the Brit Pozzi).

Moline and Kori Carter 54.66/54.72 in cold, windy, rainy weather, probably worth a 53-high in Florida.

Kendra Harrison 12.58/1.0 was outstanding as well, especially since she got a solid start but nothing like McLeod's seemingly perfect start.

there was a Canadian high jump with Drouin/Mason going 2.30/2.27

Sam Kendrick got 5.80/19'

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                McLeod 13.04/1.8 (and 13.24 for the Brit Pozzi).
                That 13.04 ties with Allen Johnson (2002) for the all-time fastest 110h in April.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
                  That 13.04 ties with Allen Johnson (2002) for the all-time fastest 110h in April.
                  Wow...
                  To run a 13.04 on a cold rainy April day is damn impressive...
                  This guy might be the male version of Kendra Harrison.

Comment

McLeod was brilliant. Ato Bolden not so much when he commented "McLeod was undeated last year, except for a couple of races". Huh? I love Ato, but that might have been the funniest comment of this busy weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
                      McLeod was brilliant. Ato Bolden not so much when he commented "McLeod was undeated last year, except for a couple of races".
                      I think he started the sentence having in mind that McLeod was undefeated, then he recognized the mistake right after he said it.

Comment

I agree. He's our best network announcer, though I was most impressed with Paul Swangard as well this weekend. Maybe all the bitching on this site finally got NBC to wake up.

Comment

And now for the bad news about 13.04 in April:

When Allen Johnson did it in 2002, it was his season's best.

Comment

Wouldn't look to much into that. McLeod ran 13.08 at drake last year and ran faster on 5 occasions after that, including a sub 13 and the Olympic title.

Comment

I think Johnson can be forgiven. He was coming off the WC in Edmonton in 2001, where he ran 13.04 to win and 2000, a year that he ran 12.97, but only finished 4th in Sydney. 2002 was a non-championship year and the year's best time was 13.03 by Anier Garcia. The following year he ran 12.97 and, once again, won the WC.

Comment

Working...
                              X