Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Swangard's really good and I thought Masback was very good on the Penn stream. He did present a lot of perspective as someone who competed at the Relays as a HSer, collegiate and open athlete.

Leave a comment:

• Halfmiler2
    replied
    Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
    I agree. He's our best network announcer, though I was most impressed with Paul Swangard as well this weekend. Maybe all the bitching on this site finally got NBC to wake up.
    I thought Swangard was verry good too, and his teaming with Masback was excellent, especially on Friday. If ever there is a meet for Craig Masback to do the color, it is Penn. I think he ran in it at least ten times at the various levels. This was one time that a two-person announcing crew was better than a three-person crew, even if it was probably necessitated by splitting announcers over two meets.

Leave a comment:

• Juicy News
    replied
    Irrelevant to this meet, but are Mcleod and Ashley Spencer dating? They look rather intimate in her instagram pictures.

Leave a comment:

• tracktown2017
    replied
    Originally posted by exdrake View Post
    That did look like a totally miserable fan experience in Des Moines yesterday.
    Yes. Cold rain. 49 degrees. What you expect. I was at Penn Relays yesterday. The weather was perfect. Bright sunshine. High in the 80's. Great performances by the Jamaican athletes. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Leave a comment:

• exdrake
    replied
    That did look like a totally miserable fan experience in Des Moines yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• tm71
    replied
    It seemed like it was february in Des Moines and June in Philly ! Given the atrocious conditions all hurdle races today were very fast!

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    McLeod was brilliant. Ato Bolden not so much when he commented "McLeod was undefeated last year, except for a couple of races". Huh? I love Ato, but that might have been the funniest comment of this busy weekend.
    He had two sort of weird, out-of-character races before the Olympics when he was probably back in to heavier training. When you have a hurdler going as fast as he had been going and then the legs are a bit heavy and cannot maintain that very high speed rate it sets your hurdling off. I thought he would do just fine with the rounds getting him back in to the necessary timing, and so it turned out to be.

That 12.80 is a blazing time, but I think he will have a shot. It will be interesting to see how many sub-13s he has this year (a record?), with some 12.8s. Heavy favorite in a tricky event.

Leave a comment:

• br
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
    And now for the bad news about 13.04 in April:

When Allen Johnson did it in 2002, it was his season's best.
    I think Johnson can be forgiven. He was coming off the WC in Edmonton in 2001, where he ran 13.04 to win and 2000, a year that he ran 12.97, but only finished 4th in Sydney. 2002 was a non-championship year and the year's best time was 13.03 by Anier Garcia. The following year he ran 12.97 and, once again, won the WC.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied

Wouldn't look to much into that. McLeod ran 13.08 at drake last year and ran faster on 5 occasions after that, including a sub 13 and the Olympic title.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    I agree. He's our best network announcer, though I was most impressed with Paul Swangard as well this weekend. Maybe all the bitching on this site finally got NBC to wake up.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    McLeod was brilliant. Ato Bolden not so much when he commented "McLeod was undeated last year, except for a couple of races".
    I think he started the sentence having in mind that McLeod was undefeated, then he recognized the mistake right after he said it.

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    McLeod was brilliant. Ato Bolden not so much when he commented "McLeod was undeated last year, except for a couple of races". Huh? I love Ato, but that might have been the funniest comment of this busy weekend.

Leave a comment:

• beebee
    replied
    That 13.04 ties with Allen Johnson (2002) for the all-time fastest 110h in April.
    Wow...
    To run a 13.04 on a cold rainy April day is damn impressive...
    This guy might be the male version of Kendra Harrison.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
    McLeod 13.04/1.8 (and 13.24 for the Brit Pozzi).
    That 13.04 ties with Allen Johnson (2002) for the all-time fastest 110h in April.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X