Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney McLaughlin of Union Catholic

Anybody know why she isn't competing in the HS Girls 400M Hurdles? Thanks.

Originally posted by HyeGuy24 View Post
    Anybody know why she isn't competing in the HS Girls 400M Hurdles? Thanks.
    She said (during iNdoor season) that 2017 would be a year to have fun---try different things.
    She also said she won't go to the WC---even if she makes the team---so no need to concentrate on her main event!
    She ran 56.15 a week or 2 ago!
    I expect she'll be part of some of UC's relays at Penn!
    Watch for some BLAZING legs!!

Comment

Thanks. Her only event at The Carnival is the 4x400.

Comment

That would be a terrifying anchor to have the lead when she gets the stick.

Comment

after the HSR at Mt. SAC she said the season "is about finishing out strong; lowering my time in the 400, being able to run relays with my team"

Comment

Just split 50.6 on the anchor to put her team across the line in 3:39. She had more in the tank and will look to go sub 50 in the final.

Comment

50.8 relay leg in the heats at Penn. Not bad.

Comment

50.78, says results!
                And she outkicked Vere Tech & St Jago of Jamaica!!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                  after the HSR at Mt. SAC she said the season "is about finishing out strong; lowering my time in the 400, being able to run relays with my team"
                  very smart young lady who obviously is getting sound advice...'17 is not that important to a 16 or 17 year old with her entire ($$$) career ahead of her.

Comment

Originally posted by 1runner1 View Post
                    very smart young lady who obviously is getting sound advice...'17 is not that important to a 16 or 17 year old with her entire ($$$) career ahead of her.
                    I've said this a few times. So far they've done everything right to maximize her development. Following a few years in the relatively low pressure collegiate environment, working under one the finest hurdle coaches in the world at Kentucky, 2019 would make the most sense to transition to the professional ranks(barring any setbacks).
                    There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
                      I've said this a few times. So far they've done everything right to maximize her development. Following a few years in the relatively low pressure collegiate environment, working under one the finest hurdle coaches in the world at Kentucky, 2019 would make the most sense to transition to the professional ranks(barring any setbacks).
                      Spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                        50.8 relay leg in the heats at Penn. Not bad.
                        Here we go again... >:-P

Looking at the results, it looks as if she had to chase 2 schools in front of her.

How much faster will she go to chase Hydel of Jamaica (3:37.70)? If two of the girls on her team can each give her another .5, and the other drops a full second, we may yet see something spectacular.

Comment

50.8 is about what would be expected of someone with a 51.6 open 400.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                            50.8 is about what would be expected of someone with a 51.6 open 400.
                            But how much faster can she go outdoors? Sanya Richards-Ross went from 52.10 indoors to 50.69 outdoors in her senior year.

Comment

I expect she will go significantly faster, given the right opportunity. She should be able to dip under 51 in the open.

Comment

Working...
                              X