Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AyZiggy View Post
    Maynard "stepping down", which I read as fired.
    The euphemism can probably attributed to the fact that Maynard is well-liked and had done a great job of raising money for the program.

But at the NCAA Championships UCLA's top finishes during his tenure has been 12th(tie) for men and 20th for women, and in some years the point tally was in single digits. For a program like UCLA, that will not will not be tolerated for very long.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
      Yeah, I am cognizant of inflation but I believe tuition has out paced average inflation.
      I completely agree. I was lucky to attend USC (that's Southern Cal for you East Coast folks) from '68-72. Tuition from '68-'71 was $1500/year. In today's dollars, that's roughly $10,000 per year. The real number today is $50,277 or 5X what inflation might indicate it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Merner521 View Post
        Why is not contesting the 4x4 offensive? I know many fans think that it is a magical event, but what if you try to win a dual meet without a triple jumper, is that just as disgraceful?
        Poor analogy. Some teams don't have triple jumpers. UCLA contested the 4x4s at conference.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
          Poor analogy. Some teams don't have triple jumpers. UCLA contested the 4x4s at conference.
          It isn't actually an analogy. It is comparing two of the same thing, t&f events.

An analogy would be comparing it to taking a knee in football.

Comment

Working...
          X