Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doha 17 DL

The best thing about Doha is seing where the studs are in their training.

The Start Lists have so many highlights (tip of the iceberg)

m100 - DeGrasse, Gatlin, Asafa, Simbine
    m400 - Gardiner, Merritt, Santos
    m1500 - Kiplagat, Manangoi, Souleiman
    m400H - KC, Bett
    mHJ - Barshim, Kynard, Protsenko
    mTJ - CT, Evora, Craddock
    mJT - Pitka, Rohler, Vetter, Yego

w200 - Schippers vs. ET
    w800 - Semenya, Wambui, Niyonsaba, Sum, Lipsey
    w100H - Keni, Roleder, Ali
    wPV - Morris, Silva, Stefandi

edit - nice spelling in the thread title, DORK!
    Last edited by gh; 05-02-2017, 01:40 PM.

Weather forecasts: hot and sunny. Doha often offers great early season mark because of his good weather conditions. I think this year's meeting will make no exception. Expecting some great marks here and there. Nice to see how the majority of the athletes are different from the top sprinters (e.g Bolt) and go head to head without problems. w800 is an olympic final and in the w200 we are going to have the WC vs OC.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke View Post
      Weather forecasts: hot and sunny. Doha often offers great early season mark because of his good weather conditions.
      More specifically, 101 F 38.3 C high, 86 F 35 C low on Friday. The DL races start at 19:03, local. The 3000 starts at 20:45, when it will still be quite hot. Good weather for some, not all.

Going to be a long day for me, with the Jordan meet going from 5 to 11:30 or so PDT.

What's the TV setup for this one, anyway?
      Cheers,
      Alan Shank
      Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

I am unfamiliar with this "Ooha" meet... is it something to do with the military?

:-}

Comment

It's where they start the Oiamond League.

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
            More specifically, 101 F 38.3 C high, 86 F 35 C low on Friday. The DL races start at 19:03, local. The 3000 starts at 20:45, when it will still be quite hot. Good weather for some, not all.

Going to be a long day for me, with the Jordan meet going from 5 to 11:30 or so PDT.

What's the TV setup for this one, anyway?
            Cheers,
            Alan Shank
            Woodland, CA, USA
            I agree on the fact it's a bit too warm for MD/LD event but Doha often produced good marks even in those events (I remember a big w3000 some years ago, and I doubt it was much cooler). BTW, it will be much better than in Des Moines...

Comment

The temperature is 3-4C (5-7F) above normal for the high but 7C/12F above normal for the low, which means that the ordinarily high humidity will be even higher. There are a range of forecasts, almost all missing the crucial information about humidity. Some list the relative humidity, one number, which is patently absurd because the relative humidity will change by several percent with each degree F, or about 5% with each degree C. So you can have a day with the relative humidity ranging from 30% to 80% between the daytime high and low, even when the humidity stays constant.

So, I am seeing temps as high as 104F/40C and Heat indexes as high as 112F/44C (dew points about 68F/20C). At sunset (6pm) the temp will be about 98/37. That can take a toll on things like the long jumpers out on the (often hotter) field for an hour or more.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                I am unfamiliar with this "Ooha" meet... is it something to do with the military?
                Blame the software (or the mods?) who took away the ability to edit Thread Titles!!

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post

He means Oooooh Haaaaaa!

Comment

this is the w800 with Dibaba, no?

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                      He means Oooooh Haaaaaa!
                      Perhaps he was thinking of Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman.

Comment

For those with access to CBC, the Doha Meet will be shown live, online at CBCsports.ca, starting at 9:00 am on Friday morning. Re-run will be on CBC Television, starting at 1:00 pm on Saturday afternoon. I think (hope) there will be a similar pattern of coverage for all Diamond League Meets.

Comment

I thought NBC was going to do diamond league?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                            I thought NBC was going to do diamond league?
                            "for a price, Ugarte, for a price"

Comment

Originally posted by rsb3 View Post
                              For those with access to CBC, the Doha Meet will be shown live, online at CBCsports.ca, starting at 9:00 am on Friday morning. Re-run will be on CBC Television, starting at 1:00 pm on Saturday afternoon. I think (hope) there will be a similar pattern of coverage for all Diamond League Meets.
                              NHL on CBCsports.ca not available in SoCal....we'll see about DL. NBC most likely has seen to it that it will not be available.

Comment

Working...
                              X