Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Burrell

He's the Zachary High School freshman long sprinter who tried to steal the show away from Mondo at yesterday's Louisiana High School Championships by winning the Class 5-A boys' 400 with a time of 46.29. I think the upside on this kid is huge since he's as physically immature as you would expect for someone who was born in 2002. Keep an eye on him this summer and don't be surprised if he runs sub-46 before the end of the summer.

Meanwhile, Florida soph, Tyrese Cooper, reeled off another sub-46 in winning the state title in 45.69 yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Meanwhile, Florida soph, Tyrese Cooper, reeled off another sub-46 in winning the state title in 45.69 yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by BigNate View Post

Is correct and he won the 200M and placed second in the 100M.

Cooper holds the National age group records Burrell will have to chase.

Cooper also ran 3 races to qualify for finals on Friday so he wasn’t exactly fresh.......

In addition, Mondo thru up a really good LJ as well .............

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
          He's the Zachary High School freshman long sprinter who tried to steal the show away from Mondo at yesterday's Louisiana High School Championships by winning the Class 5-A boys' 400 with a time of 46.29. I think the upside on this kid is huge since he's as physically immature as you would expect for someone who was born in 2002. Keep an eye on him this summer and don't be surprised if he runs sub-46 before the end of the summer.
          Let's remember that prior to Messrs. Cooper and Herron in 2016, the freshman class record (as recognized by NSSF) was 46.55. Very impressive race for this young man. His father says he'll be competing in the intermediate hurdles this summer--I'm very excited to see what he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Cooper is two years older than Burrell.

Comment

Cooper is two years older than Burrell.
              And one year younger than Mondo who is a grade ahead of Cooper. Why do people insist on making such a big deal about copper's age? Yes he's a year older than the average sophomore, but by no means is his age an extreme outlier.

Perhaps other factors are at play here that make people want to point out one outstanding athletes age while completely
              Ignoring the exact same fact pattern in another outstanding athlete!

Comment

Cooper owns age class WR at 300m and 500m and will go for the 400m record this summer.

The Burrell boy is very fast but.......time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by highjumpfan View Post
                  And one year younger than Mondo who is a grade ahead of Cooper. Why do people insist on making such a big deal about copper's age? Yes he's a year older than the average sophomore, but by no means is his age an extreme outlier.

Perhaps other factors are at play here that make people want to point out one outstanding athletes age while completely
                  Ignoring the exact same fact pattern in another outstanding athlete!
                  He's not from Louisiana. Major issue.

Comment

The 17 age class WR is 44.71 at altitude.

He missed the 16 year old age class WR by .09 seconds when he ran a 45.23 as a 16 year old.

Holds the 300 and 500m Age class WRs.

Cooper 9th grade times for comparison.

100m 10.36
                    200m 20.46
                    400m 45.23

Some unimaginable marks. OH PS look at Mondo he owns the PV basically.........

http://age-records.125mb.com

Comment

Originally posted by highjumpfan View Post
                      Why do people insist on making such a big deal about copper's age?
                      I think it's self-evident to most folks on this board that comparing the performance of a 15-year-old boy to that of a 17-year-old boy is ridiculous since the improvement/maturity curve for teenage boys is usually very steep. If age is irrelevant, why not just compare all these kids to Wade Van Niekerk and Usain Bolt?

Comment

Originally posted by cajun5150 View Post
                        Cooper 9th grade times for comparison.

100m 10.36
                        200m 20.46
                        400m 45.23
                        Grade is irrelevant IMO, it's age that matters. We'll know more at the end of the summer. Then we can compare Burrell's age 15 times to those of others before him, including Cooper. Anyone who was paying attention knows that I was on this raving about Cooper after the AAU Junior Olympics last year, so he deserves all the praise he gets as far as I'm concerned.
                        Last edited by jazzcyclist; 05-07-2017, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                          He's not from Louisiana. Major issue.

And your point is...........we talking about fast........didnt know it was limited to the great state of Louisiana.

We will see what he does at AAU Junior Olympics.

Comment

Grade is irrelevant IMO, it's age that matters. We'll know more at the end of the summer. Then we can compare Burrell's age 15 times to those of others before him, including Cooper. Anyone who was paying attention knows that I was on this raving about Cooper after the AAU Junior Olympics last year, so he deserves all the praise he gets as far as I'm concerned.

That is why I posted the age class world records.........I agree the Cooper kid is a stud period!!

http://age-records.125mb.com
                            Last edited by cajun5150; 05-07-2017, 06:26 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

The boy has potential......

http://www.dyestat.com/gprofile.php?...ideo_id=185631

Comment

Working...
                              X