Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prefontaine weather [and everything else]

forecast says 88 on Monday (yesterday it said 91).

as for meet proper now looking at high of 70 for Friday (which will make for a chilly evening session, most likely) and 74 for Saturday.
    Last edited by gh; 05-26-2017, 05:33 PM.

Perfecto!

Comment

That'll beat hell out of last weekend's Pac 12s when the temperature was about 50 and rainy at the end of Saturday's session.

Comment

Random non weather related question:

My assumption is that tickets for the meet provide entry for both Friday and Saturday? I only ask to be sure as the tickets are only noted for Saturday

Comment

Friday is free

Comment

Big change in the forecast: Friday high now projected at 82, Saturday 84 (28 and 29C)

Comment

Beautiful.

Comment

Sounds great, crossing my fingers that the wind for the pole vaulters is equally great!

Comment

I assume no projection of grass pollen count.
                  Be sure and pack the Albuterol just in case.

Comment

not just in case: you'll need it (or whatever you use)

https://weather.com/forecast/allergy/l/USOR0118:1:US

Comment

regardless of the weather, if you're flying into EUG through SFO be forewarned that San Francisco will be repaving a runway this weekend, takingn it out of service. They're already talking abaout many canceled flights and 30-90 minute delays being commonplace.

Comment

How long a drive is it from the Bay area to Eugene?

Comment

I haven't driven it in a long time, but when I did it regularly I figured 8 hours (while averaging something just a tad north of the posted limit :-)

Comment

<<Flight delays are expected to average 30 to 90 minutes between the start of work at 10 p.m. Friday and the end of the job at roughly 4 p.m. Monday. The number of flight cancellations is expected to be similar to the level seen in recent weekends, when about 100 a day were grounded — about 8 percent of the total.>>

So getting in not a problem, but getting out might be.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                              How long a drive is it from the Bay area to Eugene?
                              I've driven this---or parts of it---many times!
                              It should take about 11 or 12 hours---depending on traffic, road conditions, and how often you stop to take pictures of or just stand in awe of the gorgeous scenery!!

You take 101 through Santa Rosa, Eureka/Arcata to Crescent City, where you latch onto 199.
                              That takes you to Grants Pass & I-5, and from there, it's about 2 to 2.5 hours to Eugene!

That's the "scenic route"---but definitely worth the extra time, if you've never been through the Northcoast of CA!!

You CAN take 80 to Sacto, then go all the way on I-5.
                              It's faster----by maybe 2 hours or so---but not as scenic!
                              Much hotter too!!
                              Last edited by aaronk; 05-24-2017, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X