Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big discus stuff from prep Turner Washington

I did a double take with the men's discus results: Turner Washington 227-10 ... looks like the nation's #2 prep (coming in) was allowed to throw the HS implement with the elites, and retook the HS lead on his final attempt! The son of Anthony Washington now trails only Crouser, Finley and Arrhenius on the a-t list!

GH---
    Earlier, someone said that Turner Washington (HS'er) threw the HS weight Discus in the SAME comp as the pro's---them throwing the intl Discus weight.

Is that legal---for HS list purposes?

Comment

Pardon my jumping in for GH, but shouldn't be a problem. We've done the same thing at our Iron Wood Throws and Chicagoland Throws events the past few years. Marks have always been listed.

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
      GH---
      Earlier, someone said that Turner Washington (HS'er) threw the HS weight Discus in the SAME comp as the pro's---them throwing the intl Discus weight.

Comment

Originally posted by steveu View Post
        Pardon my jumping in for GH, but shouldn't be a problem. We've done the same thing at our Iron Wood Throws and Chicagoland Throws events the past few years. Marks have always been listed.
        Thanks!!

Comment

Also noticed that Turner's dad holds the meet record. One story said Turner broke the meet record, but since they are different implements, I would say that's inaccurate. But in any case, pretty cool father-son discus story these two have. Love to see Washington, Jonah Wilson (221) and Oladipo (215) face off in the post-season...

Comment

Originally posted by steveu View Post
            I did a double take with the men's discus results: Turner Washington 227-10
            As did I! A HS kid throwing 227 with the big disc???!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
              GH---

as steveu said, not a problem. Has no effect on his mark (unless you wanna consider some "thrill coefficient" from throwing farther than pros.

Comment

Results for competitors using different weight implements should always be listed separately.

Comment

big discus stuff from prep Turner Washington

After Tucson (where he'll throw as a collegian) he deserves his own thread. He now has 9 meets over 210 this year, same as Mason Finley in '99, but his are all in a row and Finley only had 8.

Here's his (needless to say, undefeated so far) season: 208-4, 198-0, 211-1, 215-8, 217-5, 212-1, 216-1, 218-7, 216-6 , 227-10, 211-5.

Comment

Pretty great year for boys' discus all around, it seems. Five over 210, 10 over 205, 13 over 200. Perhaps Mr. Shepard can put it in perspective.

Comment

Imagine what he would have to throw to be the HS AOY. It has been a very, very good year for high school athletes.

Comment

Working...
                      X