Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 43.70 WL Fred Kerley CR

43.70 WL Fred Kerley

7th fastest performer of all time and an NCAA record under somewhat windy conditions and, of course, running all alone. This is faster than Kirani James has ever run. WOW!

Comment

Wow I was surprised seeing 4 guys under 45 at East prelims, now this is insane! Destroys the NCAA record...

Comment

Damn! Congratulations Mr. Kerley.

I believe that's the 5th CR for the Aggies this year.
        Last edited by jazzcyclist; 05-27-2017, 12:05 AM.

Comment

I forget why Quincy Watts' 43.50 doesn't qualify - because it was in August? . . . he was a pro?

Comment

I think the NCAA counts only the performances up to the NCAA outdoors. Schools and some conferences count any performance done by a student as long as they're not professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              I forget why Quincy Watts' 43.50 doesn't qualify - because it was in August? . . . he was a pro?
              Anything after the NCAA season (outdoor champs) cant be an NCAA mark.

Comment

Well, those Jamaicans would have been ten meters down the track at the West Regionals, where the best mark was 43.70 in breezy/windy conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                  Well, those Jamaicans would have been ten meters down the track at the West Regionals, where the best mark was 43.70 in breezy/windy conditions.
                  7th Fastest Performer All Time, 17th Fastest Performance, and this is just qualifying, we may see him in the Olympics someday, Tokyo 2020 is a real possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by doug5321 View Post
                    we may see him in the Olympics someday, Tokyo 2020 is a real possibility.
                    Ya think?

Comment

knocks Lee Evans out of the all-time world top 10:

43.03 Wayde van Niekerk (South Africa) 8/14/16

43.18 Michael Johnson (US) 8/27/99

43.29 Butch Reynolds (US) 8/17/88

43.45 Jeremy Wariner (US) 8/31/07

43.50 Quincy Watts (US) 8/05/92

43.65 LaShawn Merritt (US) 8/26/15

43.70 Fred Kerley (US) 5/26/17

43.72 Isaac Makwala (Botswana) 7/05/15

43.74 Kirani James (Grenada) 7/03/14

43.81 Danny Everett (US) 6/26/92

Comment

link to a video now posted to front page

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                          Ya think?
                          Would 43.70 have gotten at least second in every Olympics ever or is it third. Always a medal. And, this was a quarterfinal, albeit one that is two weeks away from the semi/final set so he could go hard.

He looked great; he was ahead by not by that much at 150-200 but then kept going while looking smooth and running to the line.

Comment

The difference between this meet and the SEC Championships is that he ran a sensible 45.95 the day before instead of 44.09. My guess is that if he had controlled his enthusiasm in the SEC heats, he would have run close to 43.70 in the SEC final.

Comment

I think that he has also worked out how to run it in terms of spreading his effort in the race. I would be interested in his 200 split, but I will guess that it was slower than in his 44.09.

Comment

Working...
                              X