Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question is, can he survive another multiple-races meet (NCAA) and still have anything left for USATF?
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
      Question is, can he survive another multiple-races meet (NCAA) and still have anything left for USATF?
      Cheers,
      Alan Shank
      Woodland, CA, USA
      That's the same thing I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by The Klingon View Post
        That's the same thing I was thinking.
        A 44.5 (44.82 made the Olympic team) should guarantee him a slot on the London squad; might make a ton of sense for him to run to win at NCAAs rather than for a record he already has achieved. He has four races at NCAAs and if A&M is smart, they'll hold him out of the 4x400 semis. If so, his schedule would be 400 semi Wed at 6pm, 400 final Friday at 6:32pm and 4x400 final Friday at 7:51pm.
        bruce3404
        Last edited by bruce3404; 05-27-2017, 07:02 PM.

Comment

What is particularly impressive to me about Kerley's run is that he ran this time on a day when there were strong positive winds in the home straight (stretch). I have often known athletes to run quick 400m times when there is a headwind in the last 100m, and I suspect this is because they can use the wind to run a fast first 200m with relatively low effort and can save energy for the battle with the wind in the last 100m. In my experience, fast 400m times are rare when the reverse occurs when the athlete burns up a lot of energy in the first 200m into the wind and has little energy left to get the benefit of the breeze in the final 100m.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
            What is particularly impressive to me about Kerley's run is that he ran this time on a day when there were strong positive winds in the home straight (stretch). I have often known athletes to run quick 400m times when there is a headwind in the last 100m, and I suspect this is because they can use the wind to run a fast first 200m with relatively low effort and can save energy for the battle with the wind in the last 100m. In my experience, fast 400m times are rare when the reverse occurs when the athlete burns up a lot of energy in the first 200m into the wind and has little energy left to get the benefit of the breeze in the final 100m.
            I have the same experience - a tailwind doesn't help that much on the homestretch when you're spending more time in contact with the ground. It does help to achieve the fast easy floating stride on the backstretch that leads to a quick split.

Comment

USAs should not be an issue. Remember Merritt as a wild card, so making the team shouldn't take that fast of a time. Also, USATF is only 2 weeks after NCAA's so he will probably still be in his 44.x/43.x form.

Now doing well in London is a whole other question though....

Comment

His new name is Fast Freddy! Sprinting sublime!

Comment

I will contain my excitement over this youngster. Lets see what he can do later on this season.

Comment

Originally posted by tracktown2017 View Post
                    I will contain my excitement over this youngster. Lets see what he can do later on this season.
                    Gotta live in the moment. Lol.

No matter what happens the rest of the season, this yr is a success.

Comment

can we bookmark this page too?

Comment

If no one runs faster, he'll be ranked number 1 in the world. Not a bad year.
                        But fear not, this kid is a rambler. He manages himself real well. I suspect he's got a few more yards in him this year.

Comment

I am not worried about this kid. He will not beat Van Nee Kirk.

Comment

Still on the subject of west regional 400's.. the Utep freshman Korir just split a 43.34 anchor.. What a talent.

Comment

Kenya has a serious 4x400 again, with some 800/400 & 400h guys to go with any good flat 400 runners.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                                Kenya has a serious 4x400 again, with some 800/400 & 400h guys to go with any good flat 400 runners.
                                I would love to see them, Botswana and South Africa try to challenge the US, Jamaica, and Bahamas I think all are capable of breaking 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X