Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Jump Workouts

I was wondering, since the summer season is approaching if anyone prefers or knows of a book/workout, i can use to increase my vertical leap in order to make it to the higher heights for high jump?

Re: High Jump Workouts

try elitetrack.com. They have lots of articles about training for each event as well as a message for asking questions about training.

Comment

Also check http://www.highjumpworld.com/index.htm

It is a confusing site meant for high jump fanatics, but it has lots of links and some might be useful. Webmaster is Joe Faust, who made the 1960 Olympic team as a teenager by becoming the 3rd American to jump 7 feet.

If you find no help, just join a gym and get some guidance from a trainer or coach about lifting with an emphasis on core hip-back-leg strength, stretch a lot, do hurdle-hops, and run stairs and/or up-slopes using long strides and lots of knee lift. Work consistently through summer and fall and you'll see marked improvement, but don't try too much too fast.

Comment

Check out www.coacheseducation.com

They have plenty on forums, topics, articles and coaches that can answer your questions.

Comment

Working...
        X