Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allyson Felix

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Allyson Felix

    Im a bit concerned at how less Allyson is competing lately compared to the other ladies out there .I know for sure that they are preserving her for worlds and upcoming olympics but im afraid that this will work in adverse . Last time she showed up and ran 50.5 . Given the amount of rest she had prior to the race ....The time was good but not wow !

    My Question is what will guarantee us she will be in good shape come to London ? .
    I know for sure some athletes who started avoiding competitions and participated at low key meets but that didnt work and they ended up running slower time . For exampel Walter Dix , Carmelita Jeter , Tyson gay

    Any thoughts ?

  • #2
    Originally posted by benjastar123 View Post
    Any thoughts ?
    She's the consummate professional with tons of experience. I am confident she will figure it out.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by benjastar123 View Post

      Any thoughts ?
      And how high can or should expectations be at this point? Does anyone foresee gold medals (except maybe relays) or PRs in her future? She's in the twilight of her career. Doesn't mean she doesn't have the ability to make it happen. But given she's 31 and been earning major meet hardware for well over a decade, the pressure should be on the young(er) guns.

      Comment


      • #4
        Has Felix ever mentioned going to her 5th OGs?
        Tom Hyland:
        "squack and wineturtle get it"

        Comment


        • #5
          I though I heard her say in an interview that she was going to compete less this year. But I could be wrong.

          Comment


          • #6
            Maybe racing less is simply a concession to age?
            You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
              Maybe racing less is simply a concession to age?
              That's exactly what I was thinking. Your body takes longer to recover once you get older and she doesn't have many more medal-winning performances in her legs, so why waste them on the circuit?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                That's exactly what I was thinking. Your body takes longer to recover once you get older and she doesn't have many more medal-winning performances in her legs, so why waste them on the circuit?
                Well it could be for good or bad . In her case she has all the experience needed .But somehow i feel like competing you get to know where u at compared to the others. Thinking of it ...Its smart cause due to age her body doesnt recover as fast but her performances has been rust and sluggish this year . So im afraid come to London is where she will finally test if she is a contender to medal or not ...Who knows ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by benjastar123 View Post
                  Well it could be for good or bad . In her case she has all the experience needed .But somehow i feel like competing you get to know where u at compared to the others. Thinking of it ...Its smart cause due to age her body doesnt recover as fast but her performances has been rust and sluggish this year . So im afraid come to London is where she will finally test if she is a contender to medal or not ...Who knows ?
                  I think athletes of Felix's experience can get a pretty good sense of where they are in practice. If they're hitting specific times in a workout, based on past experience they should be able to predict what sort of performance they'll produce on race day.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by wineturtle View Post
                    Has Felix ever mentioned going to her 5th OGs?
                    Yes. She also specifically mentioned how competing less was key to her future plans.

                    http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2017/0...cs-200-meters/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by benjastar123 View Post
                      Im a bit concerned at how less Allyson is competing lately compared to the other ladies out there .I know for sure that they are preserving her for worlds and upcoming olympics but im afraid that this will work in adverse . Last time she showed up and ran 50.5 . Given the amount of rest she had prior to the race ....The time was good but not wow !

                      My Question is what will guarantee us she will be in good shape come to London ? .
                      I know for sure some athletes who started avoiding competitions and participated at low key meets but that didnt work and they ended up running slower time . For exampel Walter Dix , Carmelita Jeter , Tyson gay

                      Any thoughts ?
                      Have you forgotten last year ? Where she was a few hundreds of a second from winning the Olympic Gold Medal coming off a horrible ankle injury that kept her from competing all year pretty much.Secondly,she has been coached by one of the all-time great coaches in Track & Field history Bob Kersey.
                      "Sprintin' ain't easy,baby !

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I won't pretend like she has an easy road to gold this year, but are we relegating Felix from possible 400m champion to a mere medal contender? Anything could happen the night of the final, but I don't think we've reached the point where a healthy Felix isn't a top contender for 400m gold.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          SMU is on the up, Felix after a great career perhaps on the plateau or decline, the speed of which will be determined in London.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Good points!

                            Originally posted by fourjz View Post
                            Have you forgotten last year ? Where she was a few hundreds of a second from winning the Olympic Gold Medal coming off a horrible ankle injury that kept her from competing all year pretty much.Secondly,she has been coached by one of the all-time great coaches in Track & Field history Bob Kersey.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Allyson is listed in the upcoming 400m London DL. Hopefully she runs under 50s this time.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X