Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 World Championships Predictions

Now that we are less than a month to go until the start of the World Championships in London, I figured a prediction thread would be interesting and fun.

You don't have to make predictions for all the events, but please feel free to make predictions for the events you follow.

If you can, please predict the first three places (gold, silver, and bronze) for each event.

This is just for fun and strictly amateur. Tuesday, August 1 (Noon P.S.T.) will be the last day for any predictions and will be the final day to change any of your previous predictions.

Let the predictions begin!

I'm going to predict that Usain Bolt does not win the 100m -- possibly because he's nipped at the line, possibly because he withdraws due to injury, possibly because he "false starts".

Van Niekerk will take the 2/4 double (not feeling inspired by DeGrasse at this point -- please prove me wrong). 400m sub-43s WR possible.

Felix will win the 400m, Thompson the 100m, Harrison the 100mH (new WR possible), McCloud the 110mH (maybe possibly WR).

I leave the distances race predictions to the pros.

Comment

Interesting predictions, JRM, especially Bolt losing the 100. Who will beat him?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
        Interesting predictions, JRM, especially Bolt losing the 100. Who will beat him?
        Gatlin's swan song = gold

And while I am at it
        Felix - sub 49

Comment

Copello will win the 400H. (Admittedly, I said that last year, and he didn't win... but this year, this year is different.)

Best ever marks for place in the mJT, other than Železný's WR, will be seriously threatened. Yego will be back, Vetter and Vadlejch are consistent at 87-88, Chopra (my sneak medal pick) is ready for a big throw, Kiriazis is less consistent but might well throw 88 (or beyond) and Walcott... is a bit of a question mark with his injury, but is a strong medal contender if it doesn't hamper him too much. And there are others who've been semi-consistent in the 83-85 range and might surprise.

De Grasse will prove JRM wrong in the 100 but won't spoil WVN's 2/4 double.

Comment

Locks:
            Mariya Lasitskene
            Anita Wlodarczyk
            Hellen Obiri

Wide open events:
            Men's 400mh
            Women's SP

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
              Locks:
              Mariya Lasitskene
              Anita Wlodarczyk
              Hellen Obiri

Wide open events:
              Men's 400mh
              Women's SP
              I would arguably add Kendra Harrison and Van Viekerk (400) as locks.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                I would arguably add Kendra Harrison and Van Viekerk (400) as locks.
                Totally forgot about WVN.

No locks in hurdle events!

Comment

As always, I'll be doing a major post (Two, actually, one for each gender!) on my blog for WC Predictions!
                  But here's a few that come to mind---but not "official"----yet!

Shamier Little & Ashley Spencer go 1-2 in the 400H, with Little given the edge!
                  Sally Pearson wins the 100H!
                  (Despite her fast times, I'm just not sold on Kendra Harrison!)

Sara Kolak & Mariya Lasitskene!
                  (But watch for Vashti Cunningham!)

The Pair of Poles in the HT!

Farah & Centro will LOSE!
                  (But maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part! Those two are THE most OVERrated Gold winners in history!!)

Comment

Crouser and Kendrick will win their events.

Deca is hard for the first time in a decade, sniff....

And i have no idea what Bolt will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
                      Totally forgot about WVN.

No locks in hurdle events!
                      Actually your right... WVN not Harrison. Maybe Semenya though.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                        Actually your right... WVN not Harrison. Maybe Semenya though.
                        Speaking of w800m, I predict that Semenya wins gold, but one of the big two (Wambui / Niyonsaba) fails to medal.

Comment

In the wJT I would predict either Kolak or Spotakova for the gold but if Eda Tugsuz of Turkey can show the 67.21 meter form she had in May I would throw her in the mix.

Comment

I'm hoping the Dutch site has its contest up again this year. I'm in flux about a lot of things, so what's YOUR take on . . .

Men

100 - can Coleman (now that he's only in the 100) get back to that 9.82 form? London's track is as fast as Eugene's, so we'll see lots of faster times, but 82 is pretty danged good.

200 - Blake is the wild card here. He could run 19.60 or 20.10.

400 - Is L Merritt out of it (figuratively)? Is Thebe the Real Deal? I see Kerley even better here, but no one is catching VNK.

800 - what's Korir's form? I'd pick him Gold if I thought he was coming in fully fit. Amos is dangerous again. Rudisha looks mortal.

1500 - Is Wote running here? Kwemoi and Manangoi look super tough. I agree that Centro can't do it again, even if he's as fit as he was last year. Rio's race was a Perfect Storm for him.

St - Is Jager still a threat to beat some Kenyans?

5000 - Kejelche with Mo and Edris?

10000 - Ethiopians?

110H - I like Shubenkov more than Levy!

400H - I love this one. KC, McMaster, Copello, Warholm, Futch - who can show up in the Final, ready to run?

Mar, 20W, 50W - WTFK?

4x1 - USA! USA! USA! Jingoist enuf for ya?

4x4 - Botswana in it to win it! But are 3rd and 4th (in the low 45s) gonna keep up with them Amis?

HJ - Drouin's Achilles' Heel is his achilles heel.

PV - Not yet Mondo's time with Wojc suddenly back.

LJ - RSA! RSA! RSA! Can Henderson break 'em up? Menkov back?

TJ - CT all the way. Dong ready?

SP - Seems already done - C, K, W

DT - Dacres squeaks by Stahl. 3rd wide open.

HT - Wasn't Fajdek a Mortal Lock last year too?

JT - Deutschland, Deutschland, über alles! Butcha always gotta watch out for Walcott and Yego!

Dec - Warner OK? Mayer looks like best. Linden will threaten. My boy, Trey, if you can hold together, bro, you could medal!

Vymyn to follow

Comment

Dames

100 - The Big 3 - T, B, S

200 - Miller-Schippers! TaLou over Stevens?

400 - Race of the Meet. Felix avenges last year by the margin SM beat her.

800 - How will the Amis fare, even though the African Three are locks.

1500 - Another Race of the Meet. Top 3 all look unbeatable at times.

St - Emma looks like she's on the outside this time. Hope I'm wrong.

5000 - Ayana? Obiri looks supreme now. Who else?!

10000 - Same Q. Who's in form?

100H - Kendra pulls it off. Pearson resurgent. The other two Amis don't look ready for a sweep. Williams could sneak in there.

400H - Will pale in comparison to USATF, whatever happens. I want Muhammed to be fully ready to run in the 52s again.

Mar, 20W - see men above

4x1 & 4x4 - Would it surprise you if I say USA will do it?

HJ - Lasit is too much. Can VC repeat her performance at World indoors?

PV - I want Morris and Suhr to go 1-2, but Stef won't let that happen.

LJ - The Beast does it again.

TJ - Will Rojas finally beat Ibarg in a major?

SP - Carter is vulnerable. Gong or Marton can win.

DT - After Perk, Cubans? Muller?

HT - Ain't nobody touching Wlod. Can Berry sneak in for a medal??!!

JT - What's up with Liu? Kolak and Spot on top. Khald lurking.

Hep - Thiam! Schafer! LIA? KJT? Mueller?

Comment

Working...
                              X