Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Championships Team Entries

I'm looking for team entries for London. As they come to light, please add them here, even if only with a url to the story. I've yet to see anything on the IAAF site, although I may have just missed anything revealed there so far.

Oliver Hupfer's list of qualified/entered athletes by event is listed here: http://roadto.de

You do know we also have a list of selected athletes by country on our site?
    http://roadto.de/selected.php
    Select a country and you'll get a list of athletes that have been selected. Japan should be complete for example, they announced their team after the nationals.

Comment

UK team: http://www.britishathletics.org.uk/n...don-2017-team/

Comment

That's pretty much as big a team as we could manage.

None of the usual leaving people out just to be dicks and almost no contoversy that I can see.

Comment

How about the choices for the third spots, did they usually pick the third place athlete, etc.

Comment

German team: http://www.leichtathletik.de/news/ne...m-nach-london/

Comment

South Africa has announced its team. Link now in front page headline section.

Comment

South Africa has six with the 100m qualifier but they only select two? That seems very strange.

Comment

And they haven't managed to qualify in the men's 4x1...
                  Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                    How about the choices for the third spots, did they usually pick the third place athlete, etc.
                    Rooneys selection was unjustified . he has done nothing this year.. 45.99 his best

Rosie Clarke qualified in early May,9.36 and bits, and injured or whatever since then. Nonsense to select her.

The team is ridiculous in it size and it will be over 80 athletes when complete. The numbers represent the selectors needs for athletes to give 40K Brits something to cheer about. Its no surprise that athletes not in form have been selected. DAS in the 200m. Crazy.
                    There is a clause I recall in the silly document produced by UKA about current form or fitness. This team in numbers aint fully fit or in form.

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
                      South Africa has six with the 100m qualifier but they only select two? That seems very strange.
                      Seen many times with Russian 400 runners and their strange selection.

Comment

Russian athletes who are cleared to compete as "neutrals" and have a standard at this moment:
                        HJ- Kuchina-Lasitskene, I.Gordeyeva
                        LJ- Klishina
                        PV- O.Mullina, A.Sidorova
                        JY- V.Rebrik

DT- V.Butenko
                        SP- A.Lesnoy
                        PV- I.Mudrov
                        LJ- A.Menkov
                        HT- A.Sokirskiy
                        walk- S.Shirobokov
                        Dec- I.Shkurenyov
                        110h- Shubenkov

Many more are cleared but do not have a standard for London while others have a standard but are not cleared to compete internationally at this moment.
                        Last edited by Pakilo; 07-12-2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

But are they actually sending them to London? Wasn't there something about not letting them compete as ANA at championships?

Comment

Originally posted by Pakilo View Post
                            Seen many times with Russian 400 runners and their strange selection.
                            But the Russians usually focused on the relay, which is why they would rest some of their top runners in the individual event. South Africa doesn't have an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
                              But are they actually sending them to London? Wasn't there something about not letting them compete as ANA at championships?
                              I believe the athletes received various levels of clearance to compete. At least some of them would be eligible for WC. It's just that they won't be competing under the Russian flag.

Comment

Working...
                              X