Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolting from competition

[QUOTE=Alan Shank;2627503]I imagine Bolt had a "don't let them in" list for this appearance.

Just as likely they don't want to front him this week either.

[QUOTE=mal;2627518]
    Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
    I imagine Bolt had a "don't let them in" list for this appearance.

Just as likely they don't want to front him this week either.
    Story about DeGrasse getting "booted out" of Monaco's 100 race on front page!

This stinks to high heaven---and beyond!
    Same thing happens when SIR Mo "competes" in London or anywhere in the UK!
    No one who MIGHT challenge him is allowed in---so he can do his Jog & Kick routine without fear!!

They should "boot" Bolt out too!!

Comment

[QUOTE=aaronk;2627747]
      Originally posted by mal View Post

Story about DeGrasse getting "booted out" of Monaco's 100 race on front page!

This stinks to high heaven---and beyond!
      Same thing happens when SIR Mo "competes" in London or anywhere in the UK!
      No one who MIGHT challenge him is allowed in---so he can do his Jog & Kick routine without fear!!

amen to that

Comment

Yawn - something that's been happening in the sport for years and has happened in every one of Bolt's testimonial races this season.

Comment

[QUOTE=aaronk;2627747]
          Originally posted by mal View Post
          Yeah, cuz he's such a slacker and done so little for the sport . . .
          jeez . . .

Comment

Bolt should not be allowed to dictate who his competitors are. If he doesn't want to compete against De Grasse, drop out and forfeit the appearance money.

Comment

[QUOTE=Atticus;2627759]
              Originally posted by aaronk View Post
              Yeah, cuz he's such a slacker and done so little for the sport . . .
              jeez . . .
              Sarcasm. Yes he has done a lot for the sport, no one doubts that. But come on Atticus, do stunts like this help the sport? And another thing, think of the fans. Is that fair to them? They pay their hard earned money to go these DL meets, and you know as well as I do, THOSE TICKETS ARE NOT CHEAP.

Comment

Bolting from competition

As the article on the main page confirms our speculation.. Bolt was slated to run against De Grasse this weekend but after Bolt intervened De Grasse was denied the opportunity. We have thought this was the case with holt for most of his career dodging the top competition until the last race of the season. Sucks for the fans but maybe Akine Simbine from SA will run sub 10 which could very well beat Bolt right now.

Comment

I agree, your post is ridiculous. Watching bolt not crack 10 and beating a bunch of b and c list sprinters is most certainly a warm up act. Watching him actually have to run to beat the guy who stared him down in a heat last year only to get taught a lesson in the final would be a great show and good prelude to the world champs! It would only be a waste if De Grasse beat Bolt.. I guess you're right the IAAF may be worried that Bolt can't win.. But I have more faith in him then that.

Comment

Originally posted by DJG
                    Ridiculous post. The IAAF wants Bolt for the main attraction, not some warm-up act.
                    So you're in favor of no head to head competition and coddling the superstar?

Comment

I don't see the problem. Why would fans want to see the fastest man alive try and run fast against other fast competition?

Comment

That's kind of my problem with the whole thing.. most casual fans have never even heard of the diamond league or watch any of these meets so if he loses they most likely would not know.. us avid track fans know that one race in the middle of the season doesn't mean anything come championship time.. we just want to see the best race the best. De Grasse could beat Bolt and unless Bolt got injured he would still probably be my favorite for London Gold. (Barring a fs)

Comment

Meh, Not getting my nose out of joint for this. Looking forward to World's. Degrasse will have his shot at Bolt (and Gatlin) then. Have fun Big Man.

Comment

I was just reminded that the 21st is Bolt's 31st birthday!
                            So maybe this is Monaco's meet director's "gift" to Bolt!

They'd do better just to take him out for a nice dinner after the meet!

Comment

Originally posted by lexvid View Post
                              Degrasse will have his shot at Bolt (and Gatlin) then.
                              For the record, De Grasse and Gatlin have already met at least three times this season: Florida Relays 4×200, Doha DL 100, Pre Classic 100.

Comment

Working...
                              X