Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2017 WC w4x4: United States 3:19.02 (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶2017 WC w4x4: United States 3:19.02 (WL)

T&FN formchart and PRs

1. United States 3:19.05 (’16)
    2. Jamaica 3:20.33 (’16)
    3. Great Britain 3:24.80 (’16)
    4. France 3:25.95 (’16)
    5. Italy 3:25.16 (’16)
    6. Canada 3:24.94 (’16)
    7. Poland 3:25.33 (’16)
    8. Australia 3:25.70 (’16)
    9. Germany 3:26.02 (’16)
    10. Botswana 3:30.13 (’17)
    Last edited by dj; 08-13-2017, 07:56 PM.

If you look at season's bests, the US squad seems imperious, but we just have to go back to Beijing 2015 to know that early season readiness doesn't necessarily translate to championship fitness. The open 400 will tell us everything we need to know, but my Top 3 prediction matches the formchart.

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post
      If you look at season's bests, the US squad seems imperious, but we just have to go back to Beijing 2015 to know that early season readiness doesn't necessarily translate to championship fitness. The open 400 will tell us everything we need to know, but my Top 3 prediction matches the formchart.

By "early season readiness" are you referring to the trials?? Our girls seem pretty ready to go a little over a month ago. I think if they're in similiar shape & pushed by the Jamaicans....the US can run 3:16 high....

I'm looking for Hayes to step up a bit these Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by _Jay View Post
        By "early season readiness" are you referring to the trials?? Our girls seem pretty ready to go a little over a month ago. I think if they're in similiar shape & pushed by the Jamaicans....the US can run 3:16 high....

I'm looking for Hayes to step up a bit these Championships.
        Yep, it's those trials I'm referring to. Hayes looked absolutely awful in that Rabat race against Miller-Uibo, so I don't know what to expect from her here. I don't think Francis has done anything solid since US nationals either, and Ellis has been under the radar, too, if my memory serves me right.

Comment

Yeah...we know what were getting from Felix, but the other girls are kind of wait and see how they look in the rounds types. Hope they are ready to roll...

We also have Hastings, and possibly even Shamier Little who could be available if needed...

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post
            I know the race happened, but sorry, in 2015 the US wins with Phyllis Francis running in the final of the relay.

I think they are clear for Gold here.

Comment

Poland badly underrated here. I favor them for the bronze over the hosts.

Comment

Yeah, the Poles always tend to overperform in the relay, and this year they're actually ahead of all the other European teams on individual speed, too (although it is close). This is the sum of 4 individual SBs this year for the top teams:

1. USA 3:19.82
                2. JAM 3:21.00
                3. NGR 3:25.96
                4. POL 3:26.84
                5. BOT 3:26.90
                6. FRA 3:27.52
                7. GBR 3:27.68
                8. CAN 3:27.97

Kinda weird that the Nigerians didn't even make the formchart.
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                  I know the race happened, but sorry, in 2015 the US wins with Phyllis Francis running in the final of the relay.

I think they are clear for Gold here.
                  Was that when they had Sanya on instead of her? Or was McCrory??

Comment

The BBC has just shown the medal presentations for various women's 4x400s and 400s after the Russian drug busts. Francena McCorory had a tear in her eye as she finally got an individual medal for Daegu 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by _Jay View Post
                      Was that when they had Sanya on instead of her? Or was McCrory??
                      Yeah, it was Richards-Ross who buried the team with a 51.5 opening leg. Francis would have been a much better option, a safe 50-low to mid lead leg.

Comment

story just posted to front page suggests Okagbare may be drafted into 4x4 duty by Nigeria.

PR 53.34 from 2 years ago; no idea about any 4x4 splits, however.

Comment

This could make Nigeria into stronger medal contenders... or screw them up.
                          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Jamaica had 3 in w400 final, but they took the last 3 places.
                            Francis looks like a great anchor in final.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
                              Jamaica had 3 in w400 final, but they took the last 3 places.
                              Francis looks like a great anchor in final.
                              Hastings Felix Hayes Francis
                              Or
                              Hastings Francis Hayes Felix ?

Comment

Working...
                              X